How to run 12v-0.5a router with a powerbank?

Trishal Mandrik

Joined Oct 11, 2016
Hello! I want uninterrupted power for my 12v-0.5a router. I want to run it with 10400mah powerbank(5v-2a output). when there is power the adapter will provide power to the router and powerbank simultaneously. And when there is power cut the pb will provide power without causing any interruption.
I don't want to use lead- acid battery. I also want a overcharge protection ckt for the pb.
plz help........

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hello! I want uninterrupted power for my 12v-0.5a router. I want to run it with 10400mah powerbank(5v-2a output). when there is power the adapter will provide power to the router and powerbank simultaneously. And when there is power cut the pb will provide power without causing any interruption.
I don't want to use lead- acid battery. I also want a overcharge protection ckt for the pb.
plz help........
So what exactly is the problem? That is what do you need help with?

JUNELER

Joined Jul 13, 2015
hi,
since you have two devices a router and a power bank and this needed a supply of 12v(router)
and a 5v(power bank).you mean you needed this two devices a supply at the same time once,
the adapter is ON(AC MAINS IS AVAILABLE).You needed a Dedicated separate inverter unit to avoid
such mains interruption. You can purchase this unit.

I'm not sure if you already have the powerbank or waht a powerbank really is?

In nay event, I bought one of these http://www.mini-box.com/OpenUPS?sc=8&category=981 with the intent of powering a repeater, but I want something more than just a single output.

More like 4 different outputs with other sorts of protections. Just haven't figured out exactly what I want. Currently, the repeater is 5V, but the one that is supposed to go there is 17 V. I'd also like cell phone charging. So, I'd like to have some sort of system where the cord (or some box on the end of the cord) configures the power supply or at the very least, the box prevents connection.

My reasoning is that I need to place this in a "nice" living room and a 120 V UPS isn't appropriate.

The rest of my network will be backed up by a large UPS. This includes routers, a server, access points, switches, skype phone and a DSL modem backed up by POE because it's far away from the UPS. I just need to do it.

Food for thought?