how to remove LCD module from mobile phone

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by indianhits, Dec 14, 2010.

1. indianhits

Thread Starter Active Member

Jul 25, 2009
    hello guys i have an old mobile phone which is not functioning properly but the LCD works fine now how can i remove it from the phones circuit.

Its a black and white LCD module and i have little knowledge on LCD's and i would like to also know whether if i has a controller i can see a loose LCD module(i.e with any controller)

but i can't find any chip in the module except a resistor and cap (SMT's)
    and i can't even find the model number or any company info of the LCD module

please have a look at the pics
    Code ( (Unknown Language)):
    2. http://img.webme.com/pic/c/connectme/14122010007.jpg
    3. http://img.webme.com/pic/c/connectme/14122010008.jpg
    how can remove those ribbon cables from the circuit can i solder it out safely and where can i find the model number of the LCD module

please help me Thanks!

2. iONic

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 16, 2007
    Hit or miss really. If your good with a soldering iron you might be able to undo it that way. Otherwise you might have to cut the ribbon cable and tap off of it, but without knowing what each line is for you will still be somewhat lost.

3. elementalrage

Jul 30, 2009
    You should use a hot air rework station. That allows more than one connection to be removed at a time.

4. iONic

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 16, 2007
    If the OP does not have one, it would be far too expensive of an option, but I like your suggestion, it's the most effective method.

5. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    There is nothing u can do to drive that LCD.....

U are better off googling

6. wenn32

Nov 9, 2010
    ok i think i can isolate board and the module but what about model no. Of the module do you think its hopeless.there is a model no. At the back of the module but when i search it in the net it did not give any info.since it is local brand i cant find any info of the mobile in the net.

7. elementalrage

Jul 30, 2009
    Unless its one of the more common Nokia phones, you're pretty much out of luck finding information about it.