How to Remodel Your Home

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
These massive repairs for damages, should come directly come out of the perpetrator's wallets, not U.S. taxpayers.
It might, in the long run. I think it will be the LOCAL taxpayers that end up paying for it, as they should. Local management is responsible for employing and training the knuckleheads that did this. Paying for their excesses will hopefully evoke some taxpayer anger and lead to some changes, and some should lose their jobs. If local civil management fails to take such action, they deserve to pay for this and future excesses.

I've always wondered about this issue when watching TV and movies. When the cops break stuff, crash cars and so forth, who pays for that? The victim's insurance?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I would immediately suspend any and all of the supervisors involved in this mess while processing their termination and seeing if any charges could be brought to bear.
This is a complete insult to the people the police are sworn to protect and serve.

I don't care if the perp had a weapon. You contain the area and wait for him to walk out on his own.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Why have a dozen men wait all day for a surrender when they have half a million dollars worth of military armament that can level that house and anything inside in 20 minutes? That frees them up for the important business of assaulting teenage girls in bikinis.

Oops. I meant to say, "Nice comic, KV."

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
So frustrated! :mad:
Wholly your fault. You shoulda stuck to your guns when when you claimed "you learned not to participate in this kind of thread".

I spent several hours believing you had tried to contribute something and wondering what it was, only to find out you are merely trolling.
Wrong on both counts. I did have something to contribute, and I wasn't trolling. The original article was produced by an anti-LEO advocacy site. Hardly a bastion of straight-up news reporting. All I did was post a counter-point link to an article from a "legitimate" news source (oh, and don't get me started on "legitimate" journalism), with the suggestion that maybe we should round out the data a bit prior to jumping to conclusions. No foul play was intended. You did surprise me though when you jumped back in the thread to take my head off...

You fooled me well. :(
Obviously, I am guilty of some unintentional ju jitsu. Sorry. It's still good to have you back, though.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
If anyone is interested, the actual police report is in this article.

I have not read the whole thing yet. But what stands out is that one of the first actions of the perp was to try to run over (i.e. murder) a uniformed officer with a car.

Trying to kill a cop invites escalation, no? Perhaps things would have turned out better had he not done that?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
If anyone is interested, we all know about the, "jump in front of the car and claim he tried to kill me" trick.
Want to know about the, "Push him away while hollering 'halt' then arrest him for resisting arrest" trick?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
If anyone is interested, we all know about the, "jump in front of the car and claim he tried to kill me" trick.
Want to know about the, "Push him away while hollering 'halt' then arrest him for resisting arrest" trick?
Don't forget about the "jump in front of the car...then blow some innocent's house up" trick.

Happens all the time...