how to Recover files from USB?

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by edski, Oct 5, 2010.

1. edski

Thread Starter Member

Sep 22, 2010
    hi, anyone expert there in recovering files from USB/ flashdrive?
    my flashdrive was corrupted, and i cant open it anymore. so i tried to reformat problem here is to recover the files. its so important..
    any help will be highly appreciated. tnx
  2. orbiter

Jun 17, 2010
  3. edski

Thread Starter Member

Sep 22, 2010
    thanks. i'l try this one
  4. ablank

Nov 3, 2009
    ...or try Recuva (from Piriform)
  5. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    If you already did reformat, then data is gone. There might be some tools that can help you, but you really should have used them before reformat.
  6. tech5563

Sep 30, 2010
    you can easy get back the data from usb drives as long as the drive has not been formated to many times, above 5 times reduces your chances of geting back the data. getback for fat is one of the best around we use it at work with a lot with great success. it often gets back even some of the older files that you may have forgotten was on there :D
  7. stellarpower

Feb 19, 2009
    Testdisk and PhotoRec aren't bad, they're open source as well. Testdisk will try to recover the partition, so you should have all your files in order. Make sure you create an exact copy of the whole drive using dd or some utility to clone your flash drive to a file. Then if you don't get it right the first time, you can write it back to the disk and try again.
  8. MarkAlter

Oct 29, 2010
    You can retrieve all your data from the pen drive with the help of Kernel for recover lost data software which efficiently and instantly recover all type of data from usb drives as well as from the partitions of hard drive. If you wanna try then check the demo version of the software from <snip> and in such demo you can preview the files like pics, music files, .exe's etc and then recover all of them by selecting.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2010