How to read circuits ?

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by mohitjindal, Aug 11, 2012.

1. mohitjindal

Thread Starter Active Member

May 25, 2009
    I want to make schematic/diagram of a dc servo motor. Is there any device to read circuit from board ? :rolleyes:

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I have developed just such a capability, but you cannot afford it.

3. sbixby

May 8, 2010
    Can my buddy Richard Branson afford it? What if my other buddy Larry Ellison kicks in too?

4. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I suppose they could, but that is a pretty big IF!

5. cork_ie

Oct 8, 2011
    Yep , he/she has 2 eyes and needs endless patience.

If it is a single layer board = Easy enough
    If a double layer =Tricky but doable
    More than double layer = I recommend you find some other form of self torture.

Sticking your board on a scanner and taking a high resolution scan is a good way to start, alternatively high quality digital photos.

If tracks disappear under chips etc, a strong light will be a help.
    Use datasheets info to complete the puzzle.

The answer really is dependant on the complexity of the circuit, the amount of time you have to do it and the threshold of your breaking point.
    There are academics who have spent an entire lifetime on complex problems and died without solving them.

6. absf

Dec 29, 2010
    That was very well put;) cork_ie.

If double layer + SMD, it would be worse. You'd have to put the PBC under a illuminated magnifying glass and work for hours.

Allen

7. mohitjindal

May 25, 2009
    Ok. Can anyone tell me the maximum current output by SUF2011 IC from AUK semiconductor ? I read the Datasheet but there are many values. It is a motor driver IC.I want to know how much current SUF2001 give to the motor. Help!!!!!!

8. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    SUF2001. Absolute maximum rating continuous current: 5.8A/-5.3A
    http://www.auk.co.kr/pro_upload/SUF2001.pdf

9. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    You gave away the secret. We'll have to drum you out of the secret society.

10. mkbutan

Sep 30, 2008
    use PCB123

http://www.sunstone.com/pcb123.aspx

can help you
    or any other similar software

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  11. mohitjindal

May 25, 2009
    I checked the current given by SUF2001 To motor. Its only 0.07amp. May be a resister is soldered between to low the current ?
    I want a circuit reading tool not circuit making drawing by mouse tool.

12. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I know what you want and AFAIK such a thing does not exist. If it did the "rights holders" would spend inordinate amounts of money to keep the grubby pirates from ripping off their designs. At present it is usually cheaper to design and build something from scratch than to rip off another design. There are exceptions for trivial designs, but it seems like a good thing to me. Employment for engineers at a minimum.

13. mohitjindal

May 25, 2009
    Ok I give up. But now I want to know about SUF2001 motor driver IC from AUK corp. of Korea. I want to know why it is giving 0.07amp current to the tiny motor inside DC Servo motor ? The maximum current given by SUF2001 is 5amp in the datasheets.

14. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  15. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    If the internal resistance of the DC windings is large then only a small amount of current will be drawn. The motor does not care how much current the chip or the supply can provide. It only takes what it requires.

In addition it might only require a small amount of current to hold its position, or it might be driven by a chopper amplifier, ot it might be some PWM scheme.

As you should be well aware -- there is no substitute for an accurate schematic.

16. Rbeckett

Sep 3, 2010
    And I just learned the double top secret handshake and password. If I just pretend they didn't give away the answer, can I still play nicely???
    Bob

17. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    You're not the one who gave away the secret, so IIRC you are squeaky clean and good to go -- congratulations.

18. mohitjindal

May 25, 2009
    I entered the time zone and location.

19. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    So I had a chance to review the datasheets and I see that the part you are interested in consists of two FETs in a single package. The solution to your problem rests with the external connections to the FETs in the package. The description alone is insufficient information to analyze your problem. As has already been suggested, interchanging the source and the drain, or not knowing from the symbol which kind of FET is which (N-channel or P-channel) could be a major source of problems for you.

Can you hand draw a schematic and scan the drawing to upload it?

20. nkosinathizvimba

Aug 24, 2012
    Micro chips are very complicated small circuits.They are built out of the same things as most circuits: resistors, capacitors, transistors, etc.... just shrunk way down.Hence micro, so really a micro chip is just a very tiny circuit board pre-made for your use.