How to program USIP PRO IC0400C

alemarque

Joined Aug 1, 2012
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to progrogram USIP PRO IC0400C IC from maxim. It's datasheet says that there is a boot loader in ROM to securely charge the applications on the flash. My question is how to run this boot loader, which tools do I need? any PC application can help me do this?

My intention is to read and program applications on this microcontroller, but I just can't determine how to do it.

This IC supports JTAG conection only for boundary scan, so it isn't possible to program in this way.

I have experience programing microchip microcontrolers but this is completely different.

Attached is the general description of this IC for more information.

I hope you can help me.

Attachments

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
If its like some of their older secure uC stuff, you program it by sending the Intel HEX records (compiler output) to the chip via RS-232/UART. The bootloader is a resident firmware program that handles this and likely other stuff such as setting the encryption key etc. That allows the program to go through the encryption engine as its stored. They likely provide a PC-based terminal with file-send capabilities or maybe you can use a commercial one.

To know for sure, you'll have to file the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), get the full datasheet then not tell us.

Hello,
I'm trying to figure out how to progrogram USIP PRO IC0400C IC from maxim. It's datasheet says that there is a boot loader in ROM to securely charge the applications on the flash. My question is how to run this boot loader, which tools do I need? any PC application can help me do this?OR How to read the program and Write the program.If any tool available (software or hardware)pls tell.