How to NI Multisim

Status
Not open for further replies.

rio7

Joined Jan 1, 2015
Good morning,

How can I create this scheme into NI Multisim ? I already doing it and nothing working well.. I need created it with " simulation ", with oscilograms. How I need to started ?

Attachments

rio7

Joined Jan 1, 2015
Where it is... This is my first schema what I do in this program, so I don't find VT2, VT3 and VT4 ( in picture ) in NI Mulstisim ( 13 ) program.
Update: I don't know how to add oscilograms component into this program and schema.

Attachments

Last edited:

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Those are labels.
You need actual devices/parts. Telling multisim to simulate R1 is not going to work because multisim does not know what the eF is R1.

rio7

Joined Jan 1, 2015
Those are labels.
You need actual devices/parts. Telling multisim to simulate R1 is not going to work because multisim does not know what the eF is R1.
So I don't understand what should I do with this schema ? Why R1 is wrong ? When I simulated schema I don't get nothing with error..

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
So I don't understand what should I do with this schema ? Why R1 is wrong ? When I simulated schema I don't get nothing with error..
R1 is a label for a resistor. Is it 1 Ohm resistor? Is it 100 Ohm resistor? Is it 1000 Ohm resistor? Is it 10,000 Ohm resistor? Is it 1,000,000 Ohm resistor?

VT1 transistor. Judging by the symbol it is NPN transistor. There are THOUSANDS of NPN transistors. What NPN transistor is VT1?

rio7

Joined Jan 1, 2015
R1 is a label for a resistor. Is it 1 Ohm resistor? Is it 100 Ohm resistor? Is it 1000 Ohm resistor? Is it 10,000 Ohm resistor? Is it 1,000,000 Ohm resistor?

VT1 transistor. Judging by the symbol it is NPN transistor. There are THOUSANDS of NPN transistors. What NPN transistor is VT1?
VT1 - but I have problem with arrow.. ( like in picture ) I can't find it on Multisim

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
VT1 - but I have problem with arrow.. ( like in picture ) I can't find it on Multisim
I believe we have language problem here.

When I took a class about transistors, my textbook used 2N2222 NPN BJT transistor. All the exercise problems that had BJT transistor used 2N2222. When I did laboratory experiments, we used 2N2222 NPN BJT transistor. When I was preparing for laboratory experiment (pre lab), I would make a simulation in MultiSim and since my laboratory experiment had 2N2222 NPN BJT transistor, my simulation had 2N2222 NPN BJT transistor. This way when I wrote laboratory report I had simulated and experimental data to compare.

So... What transistor is VT1?

rio7

Joined Jan 1, 2015
I believe we have language problem here.

When I took a class about transistors, my textbook used 2N2222 NPN BJT transistor. All the exercise problems that had BJT transistor used 2N2222. When I did laboratory experiments, we used 2N2222 NPN BJT transistor. When I was preparing for laboratory experiment (pre lab), I would make a simulation in MultiSim and since my laboratory experiment had 2N2222 NPN BJT transistor, my simulation had 2N2222 NPN BJT transistor. This way when I wrote laboratory report I had simulated and experimental data to compare.

So... What transistor is VT1?
Yea, I think we have language problem.
I go to Multisim and I see what it is same - 2N2222 , but arrow is in wrong position.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Here, I built your circuit using some random parts, input 50 mV at 200 Hz (100 mV peak to peak), green in color on oscilloscope graph. Output is purple, due to the random choice of parts, output is zero.

random values sim.jpg

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Yea, I think we have language problem.
I go to Multisim and I see what it is same - 2N2222 , but arrow is in wrong position.
You have two types of transistors in there. NPN and PNP.
VT1 and VT4 are NPN transistors.
VT2 and VT3 are PNP transistors.

rio7

Joined Jan 1, 2015
You have two types of transistors in there. NPN and PNP.
VT1 and VT4 are NPN transistors.
VT2 and VT3 are PNP transistors.
Thank You for explain!

Here, I built your circuit using some random parts, input 50 mV at 200 Hz (100 mV peak to peak), green in color on oscilloscope graph. Output is purple, due to the random choice of parts, output is zero.

View attachment 78885
Thank You very much! Maybe is it posible to get these schema in zip file ?
And how You change arrow position ? Becouse I searching your transistors " 2N3906 " and arrow is in wrong direction.

I have these numbers of this schema:
P(out)= 2W
R(load/strain/workload) = 12Ω
Uin = 20mV
F = 300 Hz to 7 kHz
Rin = 2 kΩ
M <= 3dB

Last edited:

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
And how You change arrow position ? Becouse I searching your transistors " 2N3906 " and arrow is in wrong direction.
What direction is the arrow?
It should be pointing from the emitter to the base.
Note that in shteii01's schematic the 2N3906 has been rotated so the emitter is on the top.

rio7

Joined Jan 1, 2015
What direction is the arrow?
It should be pointing from the emitter to the base.
Note that in shteii01's schematic the 2N3906 has been rotated so the emitter is on the top.
I don't know how to do with Multisim this arrow transistor ( in picture )
VT4 is wrong position.

Attachments

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
I think I am beginning to understand what you are asking.

In MultiSim you can right click on a part, a menu opens up, in that menu you have four option that let you choose how the part is positioned:
- Flip horizonally
- Flip vetically
- Rotate 90° clockwise
- Rotate 90° counter clockwise

If I remember right, I did a couple of things to 2N3906 to position it just like in your picture.

flip.jpg

rio7

Joined Jan 1, 2015
I think I am beginning to understand what you are asking.

In MultiSim you can right click on a part, a menu opens up, in that menu you have four option that let you choose how the part is positioned:
- Flip horizonally
- Flip vetically
- Rotate 90° clockwise
- Rotate 90° counter clockwise

If I remember right, I did a couple of things to 2N3906 to position it just like in your picture.

View attachment 78909
Yea, I need this!! Thank You!! It will help me a lot!!
Right now I have schema with XSC1 .
So next step - how can I simulated it on oscilograms when I have these numbers of this schema ? :

P(out)= 2W
Uin = 20mV
F = 300 Hz to 7 kHz
Rin = 2 kΩ
M <= 3dB

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Yea, I need this!! Thank You!! It will help me a lot!!
Right now I have schema with XSC1 .
So next step - how can I simulated it on oscilograms when I have these numbers of this schema ? :

P(out)= 2W
Uin = 20mV
F = 300 Hz to 7 kHz
Rin = 2 kΩ
M <= 3dB
Uin and F make sense as inputs. ASSUMING that Uin has amplitude of 20 mV (20+20=40 mV Peak-to-Peak).

You can do what I did in my example of your circuit, in MultiSim select AC voltage source and put it into schematic, double click on it and a window opens up, in that window select 20 mV amplitude and 300 Hz frequency, do the simulation, save the oscilloscope graph. Then change the 300 Hz to next frequency. Did you instructor tell you the frequency steps? Are you supposed to do it every 100 Hz (300 Hz, 400, 500, 600, 700, .... to 7 kHz)?

Another way to do it is to select Function Generator. Put it into schematic, double click on it, a window opens up, select the type of the wave you want (sinusoidal, triangular, square), frequency, amplitude. Again, since you need to simulate and observe the effect of frequency, you will have to manually change the frequency. Set frequency to 300 Hz, run the simulation, get oscilloscope graph. Increase frequency, run simulation, get oscilloscope graph. Repeat until you reach 7 kHz.

All the other numbers look to me to be design parameters. They tell us how the circuit is supposed to perform. But they do not tell us what parts make the circuit. Think of the circuit as a "black box". The parameters given tell us that the input resistance (Rin, the resistance that the input voltage source see) is 2 kOhm. Since the signal is from 300 Hz to 7 kHz, we could be talking about some kind of audio system, so the Rload/strain/workload could be an audio speaker that is 12 Ohm. Pout is 2 W. Where is Pout? It seems to me to be the power at the Rload. There are three formulas for DC power:
P=VI
P=V(V/R)
P=(IR)I
You know P, Pout=2 W. You know R, Rload=12 Ohm. Using formulas above you can calculate V across Rload and/or I through Rload.

One last thing. I have an old MultiSim 2001 that I got with my textbook. I don't have MultiSim 13 so I can not simulate the circuits that you make with MS 13.

rio7

Joined Jan 1, 2015
Thank You for amazing help! I will do step by step. My inctructor tell what I can choose by myself frequency steps.

But I have one problem at the beginning. I created schema like Yours, I add 20mV ( I try and 20, 100 V ) in AC voltage, but osicilograms showing something wrong.. I attachement some picture of it.
What can be problem at ?

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.