How to make remote controll switch

hsakarp

Joined Aug 24, 2012
HI,
I would like to make a simple remote control on / off switch for Bulb which is currently running on the 9Volt battery.I dont know where to start .I have searched through the internet the answer am getting is use RELAY.I am not that familiar with electronics.So could anyone help me to get into the right direction to make a Remote switch?

Regards,
Hsakarp.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
For just single channel, you can either use Infra Red or R.F. transmission without encoder and decoder or mcu. Not knowing your electronics background, I would recommend this kits that I've built before.

http://www.escol.com.my/kits/ES-031.html

Unfortunately, all the component values are not given.

Allen

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
...the internet the answer am getting is use RELAY.
It's unlikely you will need a relay for a 9v DC light bulb. Relays are very useful to switch large currents and especially for using DC to switch an AC device, because the power for the relay is isolated from the power to your device.

As asked above, the important thing is to decide which technology to use for "remote" operation; a long wire, IR (like a TV remote control, 10 meter line of sight), or radio (short range, like a garage door, or long range). Those are the most common options, but you could also use lasers or even cellphones or the internet.