How to make heat sealer for packaging machine??

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by LordLion, Mar 31, 2016.

1. LordLion

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 31, 2016
    hello sir,
    sir i am making a packaging machine for that i required three heat sealer on different three places... so how to make heat sealer.. i now it works on ohms principal but how to make it in actual practice
  2. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    There are dozens of options. The one I've seen that seems easiest is to have a small heater on a heated metal wheel. As the package comes to the sealing point, there should be a small v-block on the table or back wall (for gravity "form, feed and fill") system. The wheel should have a matching V that rolls over the two layers of plastic.

The key is,
    that plastic is always the same material, thickness and temperature.
    The wheel is always the same temp and moves at the same speed
    There is no powder or grease on the sealing surface.

If you have thicker plastic, a gliding V block can be used instead of the wheel. The wheel works best for very thin or flimsy plastics.
    LordLion likes this.
  3. MaxHeadRoom

Jul 18, 2013
    Many of the auto-baggers/heat sealers work on a simple clamp and Nichrome wire heater, similar in operation to the kitchen freezer bag sealer.
    LordLion likes this.
  4. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    a heat sealer uses heat + pressure
    Typically something like a PTFE glass cloth is placed over the heating element and mating side to prevent the bag from sticking to it..
    Or if its food grade then there are other approaches/materials that need to be used..

This reminds me of a show I was watching last night were a food packaging company bought "Chinese" packaging machines to save money and then had serious problems with them breaking down all the time due to inferior design/build quality..
    The downtime cost them far more than the savings from purchasing cheaper machines..
    I smell another company will find themselves in the same fate..
    LordLion likes this.