How to make animation on LED...

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hi,

I want to know how animation is generated (hex) on LED display??
I have 10x28 LED display via shift register 74164..
so, i am just curious how to make animation on board??

thanks

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
but how to get image or clip art hex number??
I'm not sure what you mean here... The positioning of each bit(1 or 0) for your display depends on the mapping of the I/O for your image. So, if you wanted to display '2', you might do something like:
0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0
0|0|1|1|1|0|0|0
0|1|1|1|1|1|0|0
0|1|0|1|1|1|0|0
0|0|0|1|1|0|0|0
0|0|1|1|0|0|0|0
0|1|1|1|1|1|0|0
0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0
To animate this, you'd have to switch quickly between this image and another faster than the eye could perceive the transition.
How you output that depends on your system and how things are hooked up.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
This is for larger bitmaps but is handy for making images on 128x64 LCD displays. There are several others out there, including online versions.

For 8x8, it's easier to draw in graph paper, then assign the variables in binary that matches your graph paper. That program does support 8x8 if you draw very tiny .BMP files in Windows paint, however. Just use only black and white.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Here is the schematic layout file i am using 74164 and port b for driving rows.
To animate this, you'd have to switch quickly between this image and another faster than the eye could perceive the transition.
yes i know this, but it will take a lot of time to do this, i was watching a video in you tube of led display it was doing animation over it rotating text like this i want to know how to have number for this???

Attachments

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Human eyes generally can't distinguish flicker when it happens at greater than 100Hz, sometimes as low as 24hz for tiny changes.

Microcontrollers run at several Mhz, so each update can take tens of thousands of instruction cycles, and it will still appear smooth to a human.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Human eyes generally can't distinguish flicker when it happens at greater than 100Hz, sometimes as low as 24hz for tiny changes.

Microcontrollers run at several Mhz, so each update can take tens of thousands of instruction cycles, and it will still appear smooth to a human.
Hi,

But the question is how to get frame hex number for it??? speed low is the problem after that....

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
That´s even worse, were did some rotation come into this?
Please use more sentences and explain what you mean in detail. I really don´t understand what you mean, and I bet that if it was only me who has trouble understanding, you would get better responses from others.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I don't know why you are not getting me see...
if 1 is written on display i f i want to rotates like that..
We aren't understanding because "frame hex number" doesn't make sense...

Are you trying to ask for the way to encode an animation that shows an image being rotated on a frame-by-frame basis?