How to Make a Rapid "Flip-Flop" Circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Pnigel

Joined Feb 16, 2015
Okay, I am trying to figure out how to alternate current between 2 outputs very rapidly, for instance an LED Flip Flop Circuit with 2 LEDS. I am not specifying an output speed, but I want something that can receive a 9v battery input, and alternate the current between to outputs at the fastest possible speed. To give you an idea of the speed I need, I am planning on connecting each of the 2 outputs to electromagnets, and arranging them across from each other. I could then put a magnet in the middle on an axle, creating an electric motor. So the electromagnets will turn on and off in sequence, bringing the magnet in a rotary motion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepper_motor#mediaviewer/File:StepperMotor.gif
Sort of like this, except without teeth and only 2 electromagnets.
If ANYONE is able to help me with this, I will be eternally grateful, as it will solve something I've been stuck on for ages. Thanks!

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Why two threads for the same topic?
I am planning on connecting each of the 2 outputs to electromagnets, and arranging them across from each other. I could then put a magnet in the middle on an axle, creating an electric motor.
What would kick-start the motor, or give it a preferred rotation direction? Motors normally have 3 coils or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.