How to make a pulse width modulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolcan

Joined May 28, 2007
Hello I wonder if anyone could help me please I am making a HH0 Generator (Browns G a s) to hopefully run my car on. But using a Stanley Mieyers type system I need a Pulse Wave (or Width) Modulator (square wave). The only problem is I no absolutely nothing about electronics. I have seen a diagram of what I am suppose to need on You Tube, but I keep coming across things like Charging chokes and other items I know nothing about if I need 1 what sort. This link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqfiAXIs3Xc shows the diagram and a lot of other information but gives no sizes to anything.

The one Mieyers used was ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOGAkRkCWfA&mode=related&search= ) using 12v and 0.5amps think he also uses a transformer. I was wondering if I used The LW-HVPS v1.1 I no its producing like 30kv and low amps, link:- http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/lwhvps.htm one of the pictures on this web site states 450 mA ( have seen that what makes Meiyers cells different is that he uses volts to build up and the cell with the water an stainless steel plates in to cause a catastrophic break down and so producing a large amount of gas. This break down is suppose to happen like 20k times a second but also need to be a square wave to get the best results.

If anyone could help me with detailed diagrams pictures or anything else it would be very much appreciated could I also ask not to put it in too technical a terms as like I have said I dont no anything about electronics (only just found out which end of soldering iron to use because it burn my fingers on it lol). Reason I asked if LW-HVPS v1.1 as it gives of much higher volts, would this be too much or if i could build it with a range adjuster on it.

Once again Very Many Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You have to learn to crawl before you try to run a marathon. This whole project is one of the larger steaming piles ever to be perpetrated on an unsuspecting public.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
This looks like a good way to get yourself prooer and quite likely killed. An electrolysis cell breaking up water produces oxygen as well as hydrogen. allowing them to mix makes an explosive just waiting to happen. If vented to the underside of the engine compartment, the free oxygen can easily start combustion with any oil or grease encountered. It seems foolhardy to take the chance.

Electrolysis of water is much more dependant on the power applied to the cell. The operation is to break apart the chemical bonds between the hydrogen and oxygen molecules. A higher currrent is more significant than a higher voltage. In fact, the high voltage increases the possibility of a spark, and explosion of the cell. A transformer does not increase power. If you drive a flyback with 12 volts @ .5 amp, the power is a whopping 6 watts. The flyback is not 100% efficient, so it's output will be fractionally less than 6 watts. Six watts is not enough to evolve any significant quantity of gas.

Electrolysis cells have been used for over 100 years. The material of the electrodes is significant only in that they do not interact with the liquid. His claim about stainless steel is only valid for its non-rusting property. You might want to do some reading on the subject before you part with any money while attempting the unlikely.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
The basis of this topic is both unsound and the consequences are potentially problematic, even if the intentions in the OP are well meaning. As a result I am locking this thread.

From rule 2 in the AAC forum rules:

Forum members must not knowingly provide any information that may adversely affect another member; this includes, but is not restricted to, information that may potentially result in injury, death, damage or destruction of property and possessions. The administration takes this matter seriously and has the right to remove any contentious content and deal with the offending member as it deems is necessary.
Feel free to PM me if anyone wants to discuss this further.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.