how to make 130-140 MHz fm reciver from sample fm radio

engr.sajidzaman

Joined May 9, 2010
AoA;
i want to make a fm receiver which can receive 130Mhz to 140 Mhz fm signal i mean to transmitting and receiving of signal is not in the Fm band , how i could modify the circuit which is attached to make that type of receiver.thanks

Attachments

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
An obsolete old TDA7000 "radio" might not go that high. That is an aircraft radio band and you will be in BIG trouble if your lousy radio or transmitter causes interference.

engr.sajidzaman

Joined May 9, 2010
ok thank you sir for replay ; actually i wanna make a walkie-talkie there for i want to make such a transmitter and receiver which work on different frequency other than Fm band so that nobody can tune my signal on Fm radio, as you told that 130Mhz e.t.c is the aircraft band so how i could modify that circuit which will be capable to work on 40Mhz. thanks.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I am not a SIR and I made a reply, not a replay.

Old walkie talkies for little kids worked at 27MHz. New FRS and GMRS ones work at 462MHz.

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
I am not a SIR and I made a reply, not a replay.

Old walkie talkies for little kids worked at 27MHz. New FRS and GMRS ones work at 462MHz.
Ah, that predictable AG charm! I never tire of it.:D

Not to be picky but are you sure that it's the GMRS band? At one time GMRS was reserved for business communication and required a station license. Admittedly, I've lost touch since I left the business.