how to isolate the power and control circuit of my project

gokulreddy145

Joined Feb 12, 2009
Iam a student of 4th year b.tech working on dc dc boost converter. i had programmed d arm controller for gating pulses with 5khz. now i want a suitalbe ciruict to isolate the control cirucit frm power circuit. Iam using 4 mosfets and 2 igbts. please kindly help me.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

A possebility to isolate control and powerstage is the use of opto couplers.

Can you give more information on the output of the controller and requirements for driving the power stage.
Perhaps a drawing.

Greetings,
Bertus

gokulreddy145

Joined Feb 12, 2009
iam using a atmega16 microcontroller , have 6 different gating signals with different duty cycle operating with a period of 200us. using to trigger ir540 mosfet in 4 numer and igbt in 2 numer. voltage requried for fire i 5v is enough.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

This is what I found in my PM.

help me please regarding my project
dear sir ,
iam working on a project dc dc boost converter , iam using 4 mosfets and 2 igbts in my project, i had generated the gating pusles using a arm controller, now im problem is how to how to drive the mosfes and igbts frm d arm controller ? wot kind of isolation cirucit r gate driver required? frequency of my firing ckt is 5000 hz. i tryed out with mct2e , and otehr optocopulers , none of them helped me. kindly help me. ...
please mail me your idea and ckt and scematic diagrams please.......
thank you,
gokul reddy
Email address removed
I will not answer in a PM as this is not open to the forum.

You only placed signal diagrams and no schematics.

Greetings,
Bertus

gokulreddy145

Joined Feb 12, 2009
Dear Sir,
Iam attaching the attachments of the converter and approx layout of it. I had generated 6 pulses using arm controller , and it supports only 3 ua max. (data sheet data). Now my problem is how to interface the converter switches with the pulses generated from my arm controller? What kind of isolation should I use? What kind of gate driver should I use? My circuits operates at 5khz , it has 4 mosfest and 2 igbts . In the schematic shown left side is intverter part which have 4 mosfets and right side is rectifier with zero current switching has 2 igbts.? Kindly provide me a solution?

Attachments

gokulreddy145

Joined Feb 12, 2009
this is a dc dc boost converter, voltage of left side part of converter 20v and right side is 350 v. And voltages of arm controller is 5 v and voltage required for firing is also 5 v. Iam boosting 20v dc to 350v dc with 5kz frqucency using a ferrite tranfromer, which u can see in tht ckt above.