How to Interface with Tiny OLED with 0.65mm Pitch Connector

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Eric Kubischta, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Eric Kubischta

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I want to drive some very small displays (less than 1 inch wide) and I found these 0.83" and ordered them. Without thinking...

My question in: How the heck do I interface with this little guy? - From what I can tell in the spec, it is a 0.65mm pitch, 28 pin connector. I cannot find anywhere any kind of female connector for this - so...what do I do? Is there any kind of connector that will convert this to 2.54mm pitch holes so I can mount it to my PCB?

It seems it has to be soldered on - but I am just prototyping really and can't really etch a board.

Any thoughts? Here is a pic and a pic of the dimensions, etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.buydisplay.com/media/cat...98182eb6081b1d6/e/r/er-oled0.83-1_outline.jpg

2. takao21203

Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
    No problem to pin these on adapter pcb.

You need a standard 50w station, a broad tip and have flux ready but often not needed.

Be careful the gold plating would alloy, so don't solder on it too long.

On a pcb with pads manual attachment at this pitch is more difficult.

Basically you add 1mm solder then draw back and forth a few times remove the shorts the same way and press down with the tip a little.

Using a point tip at this pitch isn't practical at all and the heat conductivity is poor it deforms quick as well

3. Eric Kubischta

Nov 22, 2014
    Ok thank you - I will try to find an adaptor PCB - Need one with at least 28 pins

4. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
  5. Eric Kubischta

Nov 22, 2014
    Thanks Mcgyvr - I might actually go with one that already is mounted. That schmartboard is cool, but too wide for my design.

Here is one that is already wired up for about $1.50 more than what the unmounted OLED's were.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371306545410

Slow boat from china on this again.