How to interface TTL magnetic card Reader with Pc.

asimraufawan

Joined Jul 4, 2008
HI ALL!
I am new to this forum.
Actually I want to interface the TTL magnetic card reader with computer
I have tried it with stripe snoop using game port but it does not work out
the reader i m using is TYSSO TTL MCR series which reads data from track 2 with loco magnetic cards, now i m a little bit confused how will i interface it with serial port, in the reader there is a decoder IC ET6106
which decode the magnetic head analog singnal to digital form which output three signals which are CARD PRESENT(/CLS) ,DATA(/RDP) & STROBE or CLOCK PULSE (/RCP).
Kindly help me out,
Thanks,
ASIM RAUF

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The output from the reader is not compatible with a PC serial interface. You will need to make an interface that can accept the data from the reader and then present it to the PC. Depending on your skills, you could do it with straight logic, or use a microcontroller.

asimraufawan

Joined Jul 4, 2008
Yes i know the output of the reder is not compatible with the serial interface I have to built a decoder circuitry i want to first try it with straight logic as i m a beginer
not to much fimiliar with microcontroller so kindly provide me a shematic diagarm & necessary application notes.

Thanks.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Your request is a bit beyond the scope of our service here. We are willing to help with problems encountered in projects, but aren't really able to get into designing projects. For one thing, the hardware is not readily available, nor is the microcontroller/PC that the project is intended to work with.

That said, nothing prevents a member from finding your project similar enough to one he is working on, and be able to work with you.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
From what I gather from the company information, it is too bad that you do not have the MSR series device, as the I/F to go directly into a computer is already present.

The reader you have will need something like a microcontroller to read the data from the card, and then send it on to the PC. You can get MC's with built-in RS-232 capability, as well as USB.

asimraufawan

Joined Jul 4, 2008
Yes you are right MSR series can directly connected to computer, but in my case
i am going to design a POS system , first i want to interface it with PC after examining the results from computer then i will interface it with MICROCONTROLLER.