how to improve programmin skills

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by ect_09, Jul 15, 2014.

1. ect_09

Thread Starter Member

May 6, 2012
    Hello Experts,
    can anyone tell me that how to improve programming skills to program professionally any Micro Controller,
    any suggestion please...

Regards,

2. NorthGuy

Jun 28, 2014
    There's only one way - program, program more, program for different MCUs to grasp diversity, take on bigger and more challenging projects ...

Chalma, MaxHeadRoom and ect_09 like this.
  3. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    NorthGuy is right. Practice makes perfect. There is no other way.

ect_09 likes this.
  4. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    I third NorthGuy's comments! In addition to studying various MCUs, study standard programming algorithms and program them yourself. There are many books and internet resources that describe common algorithms you should know and be comfortable with. I took a course in the subject years ago and my company had internal training brought in on the same subject.

5. sirch2

Jan 21, 2013
    Find yourself a problem to solve. It's a lot easier to stay motivated if you are doing something which has a meaningful end result. It's fine to start with flashing LEDs and the like but program a maze solver or a robot or a software radio or whatever grabs you interest.

6. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    If you are a poor programmer, then writing more and more programs will lead to just practicing your mistakes.

Go forth and read other people's code.

Get a style guide and read it. Find 5 more style guides and read them too. See what works for most people, for some people, and you.

Lean what "whitespace" is and why it is so important to good programming (even though it cannot produce a single instruction for the machine!).

Go write some code for something useful, put it away for several weeks to months, then read it again to see if your own code makes sense to you.

ect_09 likes this.