How to import .lib into ltspice?

Hayder

Joined Mar 6, 2016
Hello
I'm very new to ltspice, and want to ask...
I have external .lib file and want to use it in design, how come?
I read that I must put .inc c_90nm.lib, OK but what if I want to add multiple time?
is it from F2? or I must add normal noms then put .inc C_90nm.lib every time .
thanks a lot

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I read that I must put .inc c_90nm.lib, OK but what if I want to add multiple time?
You will need the .include function on every schematic in which you want to use that .lib file.

There are ways to to make a component act as if it is part of the installed libraries, but it's discouraged by the 'experts'. It won't work if you share the simulation file with someone else that has not installed the custom components. It can get broken when LTspice updates itself.

If you can live with those negatives, you can get away from using the .include command.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
So I insert , let's say , nmos then put .include.
If I want to put another nmos , how to do that
Or, add another .include command for each unique .lib file. If your library contains more than one of your components, you don't have to include it more than once.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
If you have an own symbols transistor , that possible simplify the situation. Open the symbol transistor, open the attributes (Ctrl+A). Write in the last line full name libraries (line ModelFile). Then does not need the directive ".inc...." or ".lib....".".

Hi!
I'm trying to add a .lib to my LTspice in mac os x so I can analyze a nmos circuit. (I figured it's relevant to this thread and I'm not trying to hijack it :D)
We've been given the attached file, but I'm not sure I can use it because it's for hspice in windows.
can anyone please tell me how to import it? I've added components to the ~/lib/sym folder before, but I've never imported libraries (which seem to be under ~/lib/sub)

thank you in advance!

Attachments

Hayder

Joined Mar 6, 2016
add a normal nmos to design, then add this directive .include noms-13u.lib (with complete directory) then in the value of noms put NMOS

Bhargav Jani

Joined May 20, 2016
Hello
If you have an own symbols transistor , that possible simplify the situation. Open the symbol transistor, open the attributes (Ctrl+A). Write in the last line full name libraries (line ModelFile). Then does not need the directive ".inc...." or ".lib....".".

Is it same way (from .lib file of a Texas instrument component to Ltspice) ?

I have a .lib file and i wish to import it to Ltspice to simulate the TI IC ....

Need suggestions

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
Texas instrument Offers models for Tina TI and for Pspice. You can only convert models to Pspice. But only if the model is not encrypted. Look at what's inside the file. If it has an abracadabra, then conversion is impossible.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
I think yes. If the library does not contain a digital element in the syntax of Pspice, there is no problem. In this case, you can use the automatic creation of an element symbol.

Bhargav Jani

Joined May 20, 2016
I did not get what you meant, Can you please elaborate on that ?

I have downloaded the Transient model pspice , directly placing this file in the sub or lib files folder of ltspice ??