How to implement it and use it in my real life?

sudheerelktronics

Joined Jul 8, 2013
Hi!

I am planning to build a new project - Water Level Controller. So, I am taking the help of the circuit shown in the post: Water Level Controller using 8051. Of course, it is built for engineering students purpose. But, I am planning to fit this circuit to our water tank of capacity 1000 Liters. What are the precautions to be taken to use this circuit for our water tank? It is also present in open area. Is there any chance to get affected by Sun rays?

Kindly clarify my doubts.

Thank you.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Two things.
1. Don't let it get wet.
2. Don't let it get hot.
I believe you left out the most important thing, the thing that you must never forget...
No matter how much they beg, Never never feed them after midnight." :rolleyes:

sudheerelktronics: exactly what are you trying to accomplish? I ask this because I see a very simple circuit with 4 inputs (the water level sensors), one output (the RL2 relay), and lots of complicating stuff in between like a processor and LCD display.

The same information can be displayed with 4 lamps or LEDs with markings. The on/off state could be controlled with a simple flip flop.

I mention this because the most reliable circuit is the simplest one to accomplish the task.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The sun slowly destroys a lot of things, like plastic. Just put it in a metal box to keep the rain out and that will keep the sun out.

As far as I'm concerned, you can over-complicate it as much as you want because that is educational. The concerns about weather damage are easily controlled with a simple metal box.