How to identify where the wire should be re-soldered?

greatwhite

Joined Dec 22, 2014
Hello All,

I have an issue I've been trying to resolve since February 2014. My Numark 5000FX DJ Mixer has a couple of black colored wires and a red one that are soldered from one end of those cables to one part of the internal board, however its the opposite end of cables that I need help on where exactly do they need to be re-soldered? Or is there a way a I can identify where to re-solder by simply following the board? Even better would be, (I know this website has had success with sharing circuit board schematics for other brand DJ Mixers) if someone could please hook me up with the service manual or circuit schematics diagrams please and thank you.

(SORRY IN ADVANCE IF MY PIX IS NOT UP TO PAR, IF YOU LOOK CLOSEY YOU'LL SEE A COUPLE OF BLACK CABLES AND A RED ONE. ITS THESE CABLES I NEED TO FIGUERE OUT WHERE OR HOW TO GO ABOUT KNOWING WHERE TO RE-SOLDER THEM)
5000FX Mixer Main PCB Board.jpg

greatwhite

Joined Dec 22, 2014
Sorry about that, maybe this one will work. Ok so does anyone out there own this exact same mixer? If so could you please remove the bottom casing (very simple a few screws on each side) and take a very detailed picture of the board please. Specifically where the small black and red wires are soldered to the board for both ends.
Numark 5000FX DJ Mixer.png

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
that is a sizeable amount of circuitry. where is the rest of the mixer. Most notable is the lack of power supply and the commonly seen parts it contains.
Since a guess is the only thing i can give at this point, I would bet your red and black wires go to that.