how to get started with TOUCH SCREEN applications?

CrackJack

Joined Aug 7, 2009
Hello Everyone,
Has anyone implemented or has any idea where and how to start to develop simple touch screen projects???

I have absolutely no idea about it... :(

CrackJack

Joined Aug 7, 2009
@GetDeviceInfo... I suppose you do some sort of Industrial Automation, using PLCs and stuff... I want to develop a simple touch screen, for school projects... Which would have 4-5 options in the Menus to select, like
add, subtract, divide, multiply...

A really basic one...

@Retched, thanks for the link, I shall look forward to get started on that...
:rolleyes:

Please let me know guys, if you come across anything basic... Meanwhile, i shall let you know if i find one..

P.S. I was seeing this PSoC, the ones that Cypress Semiconductors make.. .Has anyone used it??
http://www.cypress.com/?id=1938&source=header

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
I've programmed control of a 4-wire touch screen on a PIC processor. It was pretty easy once I got my mind around the operating sequence.

CrackJack

Joined Aug 7, 2009
@ everyone... thank you so much for the support, i shall go ahead and work
on this :) i really appreciate your time and effort..

cheerzzzzzzz

CrackJack

Joined Aug 7, 2009
I've programmed control of a 4-wire touch screen on a PIC processor. It was pretty easy once I got my mind around the operating sequence.
Guys, I am little bit confused, I can use the features of LCD to program a touch screen right? Basically a touch screen is nothing but an advanced version of LCD correct????

CrackJack

Joined Aug 7, 2009
No! LCD is one thing touch screen is another thing. You will need six digital outputs to drive a text LCD more for a graphic one, while you will need two ADC to read and decode the X & Y position from the touch screen.

Cheers

Alberto
Oh, ok, so if i have to choose a micro-controller, I should perhaps look for one that has high number of ADC channels, and higher rate of reading those channels right?