how to get started with TOUCH SCREEN applications?

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by CrackJack, Sep 24, 2010.

1. CrackJack

Thread Starter Active Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Hello Everyone,
    Has anyone implemented or has any idea where and how to start to develop simple touch screen projects???

I have absolutely no idea about it... :(

2. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    what would be your application? I use Rockwell RSview and Factory Talk View for industrial HMIs.

3. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
  4. CrackJack

Aug 7, 2009
    @GetDeviceInfo... I suppose you do some sort of Industrial Automation, using PLCs and stuff... I want to develop a simple touch screen, for school projects... Which would have 4-5 options in the Menus to select, like
    add, subtract, divide, multiply...

A really basic one...

@Retched, thanks for the link, I shall look forward to get started on that...
    :rolleyes:

Please let me know guys, if you come across anything basic... Meanwhile, i shall let you know if i find one..

P.S. I was seeing this PSoC, the ones that Cypress Semiconductors make.. .Has anyone used it??
    http://www.cypress.com/?id=1938&source=header

5. John P

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 14, 2008
    I've programmed control of a 4-wire touch screen on a PIC processor. It was pretty easy once I got my mind around the operating sequence.

6. CrackJack

Aug 7, 2009
    @ everyone... thank you so much for the support, i shall go ahead and work
    on this :) i really appreciate your time and effort..

cheerzzzzzzz

7. CrackJack

Aug 7, 2009
    Guys, I am little bit confused, I can use the features of LCD to program a touch screen right? Basically a touch screen is nothing but an advanced version of LCD correct????

8. CrackJack

Aug 7, 2009
    Oh, ok, so if i have to choose a micro-controller, I should perhaps look for one that has high number of ADC channels, and higher rate of reading those channels right?