How to find the Last program loaded in Arduino ATMEGA328p

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by mkbutan, Oct 28, 2012.

1. mkbutan

Thread Starter Senior Member

Sep 30, 2008
    how do i know which is the last program is loaded in my Arduino 328p
    how to read the last code uploaded in the ATMEGA328p μ controller ?

2. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    You waited less than 4 hours and you expect an answer already? You need to give people time to answer. Some times it can take days.

I am not experienced with the ATMega but I am experienced with the pic. I know it is not possible with the pic and I would really doubt if it is possible with the Atmega.

The best you might be able to do is to read the code on the Atmega then compare to existing hex files. How you upload in atmega, I don't know even if you can.

This thread would probably be better in the embedded forum.

mkbutan likes this.
  3. mkbutan

Sep 30, 2008
    Thanks
    but i dont know the procedure kindly explain
    I have downloaded the S/W from Arduino.cc web sitehttp://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
    thanks

4. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    Could this be called "reverse engineering"?

I'm not sure if that's allowed...

mkbutan likes this.
  5. mkbutan

Sep 30, 2008
    It may be "Reverse Engineering"
    but yesterday I loaded my ARDUINO with led and Motor code's but today nether LED glows Nor the Motor is running
    I don't know which program's were loaded in the ARDUINO
    pl can any one help me find the same
    thanks

6. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    Doesn't work like that. Why not just send the sketch you think is right? or are you simply trying to copy someone else's work.

You'll need an AVR ICSP to read the compiled code off your Arduino. Then you'd need to disassemble the resulting hex file.

Unless you're a very skilled programmer or have lots and lots of time it's not going to happen.

mkbutan likes this.
  7. Netfrog

Oct 22, 2012
    Hi ... I'm new to this forum but I've been playing with the Arduino for the past few months (sparingly). I think it is really irrelevant about which program was last sent to the Arduino. If you have the desired code, repush it. If that fails, check that you have the right board selected as well as the right port. If they are wrong, the Arduino will not receive the newly pushed code. If you want to make sure your Arduino is not fried. Simply push a "Fading Led" code to it (make sure your Led is set to port 13). If you're successful, the little led onboard should fade in and out as programmed.This will also remove any previous code that was on the Arduino.If you see the fading led, then push the desired code back to the Arduino.Hope this helps,Netfrog

mkbutan likes this.