How to dismiss followers...

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Hypatia's Protege, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Hypatia's Protege

Thread Starter Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Kind friends:

Inasmuch as I have learned (via another thread on this forum) that 'followers' are provided with a 'feed' of their host's activities - taken with the involuntary nature of said parasitization --- I would know if there is any means of purging same??? --- Frankly, I find provision of a non-authorized 'follow' feature nothing short of outrageous - on principle alone - but especially in light of its liability to abuse by spammers for 'targeting' purposes...

Please know - I realize this is a Xenforo problem! -- No fault of AAC!:)

Any info/feedback will be greatly appreciated!:)

Best regards
    HP

PS -- As far as I know, my 'followers' have occasioned me no difficulty - Hence, at this point, the requested info is for future reference --- OBTW @Aleph(0) - this is in NO WAY directed at you! -- So stay frosty...K?:cool:

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    The are like bubbles in beer to me, harmless. They find you interesting.

The other user chooses whether to follow you or not, just as you choose who to follow. I don't think that can be changed, but I can be wrong.

Hypatia's Protege likes this.
  3. Hypatia's Protege

Mar 1, 2015
    Alas! Though I was hoping to find an anthelmintic -- it seems I require a mere defoamer --- Wadda world! Wadda world!!!:(

Best regards
    HP;););)

4. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    Or, perhaps, higher quality nitrogen bubbles (i.e. Guinness).

5. Hypatia's Protege

Mar 1, 2015
    A unique brew indeed! -- I would have thought CO2?:confused::D:D:D

6. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    And you would've thought wrong.

7. Hypatia's Protege

Mar 1, 2015
    As I said -- A unique brew indeed!:)

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    You thought the Internet was private? This and a couple of other recent statements convince me you are younger than I had previously thought. Something about how wonderful an adversarial relationship is? (I bet I got the adjective wrong.) Point is, if you have the energy to enjoy that, you are a LOT younger than I am! (I much prefer conspiracies.)

Just remember, injuries accumulate. Don't x-ray yourself too much. ;)

KJ6EAD and Hypatia's Protege like this.
  9. Hypatia's Protege

Mar 1, 2015
    'Course not!:D No reason to encourage/facilitate 'groupies' (and their ilk) though!:mad::)

For the record, I meant that many close relationships (whether amative or 'fraternal/sororal') begin in adversarial settings -- Tho' I'm bound to say some degree of 'tension' seems beneficial to the health of all 'systems' - Including human relationships:cool:

I plead no contest!:D:D:D:D

I'd bet my last erythrocyte on it:p

Best regards
    HP:)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  10. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    I just figured it out! HP has a controlling interest in all of the online search/dictionary companies. :) there are very few of HP's posts that don't send me looking to see what a word means :) At ~68yr's who would think I'm learning new words and meanings of them.

HP not a follower, just a satisfied customer. :)

11. Lestraveled

May 19, 2014
    HP, the likely-hood of you "purging" your followers is the same as you changing your stripes. You speaking in a single level, simple sentence ain't gonna happen. So just relax and let the bubbles tickle your behind. Life is good.

12. Hypatia's Protege

Mar 1, 2015
    All's cool!:) --- Just wanted to know if there was a (native) means to the end --- I'll somehow survive:cool::cool::cool: --- On a similar 'tack' a 'reverse ignore' feature (i.e. a feature rendering one's own posts invisible to selected members) would be highly desirable:D:D:D --- A (sadly) impractical idea, inasmuch as said feature could be 'in force' only in the event that the 'targeted member{s}' were logged in...

BTW: Sincerely: To date, I have encountered NO ONE on this site whom I wish to ignore, nor hide from!!! --- It's merely that I detest 'groupies'!!!:mad::mad::mad: -- Though, again, I have neither encountered - nor expect to encounter - them here!:):):):)

Very best regards
    HP

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  13. Aleph(0)

Mar 14, 2015
    Hp you said
    Fancy that! Ms. LN2 tell _me_ stay frosty:D!

Maybe I say why? She who play with xrays shouldn't afraid of skeletons in closet and all that?:p

14. Hypatia's Protege

Mar 1, 2015
    Indeed not! -- Then too, it might be said - one adept at radiography sees 'deeper' than osteology!;););)

TTFN
    HP:D