how to disable shutdown in sg3525ap

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by drin_pogi, Oct 26, 2010.

1. drin_pogi

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 26, 2010
    how to bypass shutdown in sg3525ap? i would like to make my circuit on and off only.

BTW: my circuit is from APC UPS ES-500. every 20 - 30 minutes the inverter is automatically shutdown. how to bypass or disable this shutdown function and make it on and off using ordinary SPST switch? thanks. suggestion are all welcome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PIC use is PIC16c72a

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

Is there no description in the manual how to change the settings?
    Disabeling the shutdown might lead to a to deep discharged battery when power is lost.

Bertus

drin_pogi likes this.
  3. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    From Freescale:
    As you can see, there are multiple ways to shut down the chip and/or reasons it might shut down. Your inverter looks like a commercially made circuit, so I assume that the reason is not letting Pin 10 float.

Thus, disabling shut down could lead to failure to respond to a dangerous condition and destruction of the inverter and/or items being powered by it. A more productive route would be to find out why it is shutting down, such as overload, low input voltage, overheating, etc.

John

drin_pogi likes this.
  4. drin_pogi

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 26, 2010
    @2 Bertus

No description on manual.
    I'm not worrying to deeply discharge the battery because the inverter is connected after the charge/monitor controller.