How to design Processor Logic

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by sherazjavedkhan, Dec 11, 2008.

1. sherazjavedkhan

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Dear,
    I need processor design which can implement following functinos in two numbers if 4-bit
    ADD, SUB, MUL, Gretaer Than, Less Than, Equal To, OR, AND, NOT, Intrupt,

i will really thanksfull if anyone provide me help in this regard or solution for this, it will be appreciated if someone has design in Digital Works,

regds

Sheraz

2. leftyretro

Nov 25, 2008
    Hi Sheraz;

This sounds like a homework assignment for class. I say that because no one has had a need to design those functions with simple logic gates for decades. Those functions are all built inside of microprocessor or micro-controller chips not with discrete elements that would require a schematic drawings. Even in the 1970s most of those functions were integrated into one ALU chip, look-up a 74LS181 data sheet, it's a 4 bit ALU chip (arithmetic logic unit).

So for us to try and draw out a logic diagram to perform the functions that you have asked for, would prevent you from learning how to do the work of building higher level functions from lower level functions.

If you show us your work so far, I'm sure many here will help to see that you don't go off on the wrong track, but show us some initiative first.

Good luck

3. sherazjavedkhan

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Dear,

i have done some work, and asking to someone to complete solve the assignment, i need some help regarding control unit/control memory,

please download

www.mapistic.com/Processor.dwm

i need help in it, just in CU,

regds

Sheraz