How to create a DC-AC converter using MOSFETS?

Halim.Akiki

Joined Dec 29, 2014
Hello! I have a small project and i want to create a DC-AC inverter using only MOSFETS and diodes. Any ideas about the circuit?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Too less infos, so nobody could help you.
1. Input V/I
2. Output V/I
3. What is the load?
3. How many components that you limited?
4. Sometimes you will need coil to help to generate the AC, do you inhibit to do that?

Halim.Akiki

Joined Dec 29, 2014
Too less infos, so nobody could help you.
1. Input V/I
2. Output V/I
3. What is the load?
3. How many components that you limited?
4. Sometimes you will need coil to help to generate the AC, do you inhibit to do that?
My input is a 14 V DC voltage resulting from an AC-DC converter connected to a 12 V battery. The output can be anything because this is a mini project for a lab at university and the purpose is only for us to understand the concept of the backup power system. I already made the full wave rectifier (diode bridge) and added a capacitor on it's output to make it DC. No load will be added we will just use an oscilloscope to verify the result. A hint was given that we have to use 4 MOSFETS and 4 diodes.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Your title and first post shown that you have to create a DC-AC inverter, but your post in #3 said these :
My input is a 14 V DC voltage resulting from an AC-DC converter connected to a 12 V battery.
What do you really want, DC-AC,AC-DC,DC-DC?

Halim.Akiki

Joined Dec 29, 2014
Your title and first post shown that you have to create a DC-AC inverter, but your post in #3 said these :
My input is a 14 V DC voltage resulting from an AC-DC converter connected to a 12 V battery.
What do you really want, DC-AC,AC-DC,DC-DC?
No. It's an AD-DC followed by a DC-AC. Te AC-DC charges the battery and the DC-AC converts the 12V of the battery to AC to be used while power breakdown.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Do they like these:
AC-DC : converts AC220V to 14V?
14V charging 12V battery?
DC-AC : converts the 12V battery to AC220V?

So what want is to converts 12V to AC220V, in this situation you will need a transformer, but you said that you only can used 4 mosfets and 4 diodes?

Halim.Akiki

Joined Dec 29, 2014
I
Do they like these:
AC-DC : converts AC220V to 14V?
14V charging 12V battery?
DC-AC : converts the 12V battery to AC220V?

So what want is to converts 12V to AC220V, in this situation you will need a transformer, but you said that you only can used 4 mosfets and 4 diodes?
I want to transform 14 V DC to 14 V AC using 4 mosfets and 4 diodes.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I

I want to transform 14 V DC to 14 V AC using 4 mosfets and 4 diodes.
From DC to AC, you will need transformer or coil, inductance, I haven't see the way no such components ...

The mosfet as a switch, but it needs transformer to generate the power from secondary.