How to convert the voltage generated from transfer function to power

dhevkumar

Joined Sep 11, 2015
Hi sir.. i have found the transfer function and given the step input and got the output voltage. now how to get the power from the voltage generated since it is obtained from transfer function

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Power is calculated from either voltage and current, voltage and impedance, or current and impedance. From your question I have no clue what kind of circuit you are talking about. Please post a schematic, the transfer function, and the output voltage you "got".

ak

dhevkumar

Joined Sep 11, 2015
Power is calculated from either voltage and current, voltage and impedance, or current and impedance. From your question I have no clue what kind of circuit you are talking about. Please post a schematic, the transfer function, and the output voltage you "got".

ak

dhevkumar

Joined Sep 11, 2015
thanku sir..but in matlab simulink is there any single block which converts the voltage generated to power(i found the transfer function of boost converter in matlab simulink) i have generated the output voltage. now i want power from generated voltage

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
IF what you are talking about is a boost converter power supply circuit, then the power depends on the load connected to the output. That is how power supplies work. If you don't understand this, then we need to back up and start with some basic electronic concepts like what are voltage and current.

ak