How to Convert my Computer in to a CRO

mrudul

Joined Jul 25, 2010
hai ,
I heard about converting the computer in to a CRO using some software as well as some circuit????? Can any one help me designing one of it???

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
No its not crow blueroomelectronics ,I dont think that anybody will try to do that kind of conversion or else we might call it something "IT CROW 2.4 GHz"

Anyway that CRO is cathode ray oscilloscope,in short mrudul wants a PC based oscilloscope,their are many some use the sound card for ADC hardware but these are limited in many ways like its within audio range 20Hz to 20KHz,no DC signal as the input of the sound card consist a capacitor which reshape the waveform,Their are some usb based type but they cost.

You can search google using keyword "PC based Oscilloscope" ,one of them I used long ago is Zelscope a sound card based.

Good Luck

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
hai ,
I heard about converting the computer in to a CRO using some software as well as some circuit????? Can any one help me designing one of it???
1. Find the software that does what you want.
2. Install it and use it.

Regarding point 1, if you want something the software can't do, because of the limits of your hardware (such as frequencies above audio range), you may want to reconsider this approach.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
PC O'scopes that use the sound card need some kind of signal conditioning for the input, as the line input port will get "zapped" if you exceed the maximum.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
How much do you want to spend?

the Sound Card method works, but isn't that great.

Some Rigol and Owen scopes around the $500 mark have PC connectivity.

If on a short budget, and not looking for fast signals or 0.1% accuracy, find a used scope on ebay for the amount of money you'd spend otherwise. The benefit is not having to lug a computer around everywhere you need a scope.

If supremely strapped for cash and will work with signals up to around 50kHz or so, the DSO Nano is a good deal for $80