how to connect?

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ecjohnny, Oct 4, 2008.

1. ecjohnny

Thread Starter Senior Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Here is the datasheet of the product http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/90326.pdf

Model:
    Transmitter = RTFQ1
    Receiver = RRFQ1

Frequency = 433.92MHz

I am about to purchase this but i have problem understanding the pins.
    Basically, what i want to do is connect up a push button switch to the transmitter. As the button is press, of course the receiver detects it and send a signal to one of my pin in a USBio port connected to my laptop.

How is the connection like at the transmitter side and receiver side?

This is my first time using this thing. Any brief diagram/drawings will help.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Also in addition , i would like to know if an antenna determine the range of RF. if so, i change my transmitter antenna to a higher dB gain would the range increase? or do i also have to change the receiver antenna too?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    If you go to the last page of the datasheet it gives you a wiring diagram, according to it you can make your modifications.

3. ecjohnny

Jul 16, 2005
    thanks...But i need some to advice me on this :
    Basically i am trying to design a wireless system to be used in a hotel room. whereby a guest can push a button(transmitter) and it is send into a receiver which lit up an LED. So i will have a big hotel(map) display board with LEDs representing the rooms.

Problem: Only one frequency how can i differential which guest is from which from? address?

Do i actually need to have 100+ different transmitter and 100 + receiver of 100+ different frequency? for 100+ rooms?

Can i have many transmitters (rooms) of same frequency and only one receiver to identify the respective rooms?

Any suggestion i can do this ? preferably i can make one myself?

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    You only need one frequency for all the small transmitters, but each one has to transmit a unique sequence of tones/bits to be identified properly.

5. ecjohnny

Jul 16, 2005
    how can i do it? i just found some info on google about relay and dip switches. And some RF triggers. But i cant find a schematic diagram for it.

Anyway, what is the easiest way?

6. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Think garage door opener, they send a binary code by keying the transmitter on and off. I'm getting the strong feeling that you want a ready made off the shelf solution on this though. How technical are you?

7. ecjohnny

Jul 16, 2005
    No.. actually i am trying to make one. but i dont know where to start.
    From previous post : "preferably i can make one myself?"

Is it easy to built one? anyone link me to a schematic diagram or teach me how to make one?

8. ecjohnny

Jul 16, 2005
    Anyone? actually i am fine with same number of Tx and Rx . But i have been searching online to learn how i can make one with no luck. Only thing i know is the theory behind it.

i found a wireless door bell with coding. But the to use the receiver(chime) i need to plug it into my power socket (3 pin) which is about 200V+ AC. How can i remove the 3 pin and modify it to produce a 5V DC or 12V AC ?? is it possible?

my project will be due soon and i guess i have to leave this feature out :(

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008