How to connect the humidity sensor to the Nine-pin D-sub connector plug

utbinh

Joined Oct 21, 2008
I'm trying connect the humidity sensor HM1500LF to the Nine-pin D-sub connector plug. Although I have tried to connect by different ways, it doesn't work. Could anyone help me to find a correct connection, please?

Please find files attached for humidity sensor instruction and input connections.

Attachments

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Your connections are for a measuring bridge, and the humidity sensor has a single ended output. try grounding pin 4 and reading pin 2 (connect the sensor output there). The excitation + (pin 5) may be able to supply the sensor, but you will have to verify it does not exceed 5 volts DC.

utbinh

Joined Oct 21, 2008
Hi hgmjr and beenthere,
I'm connecting this sensor to a datalogger SYSTEM 5000 by use of 9 pin plug. I did try with ground wire (pin1), input voltage wire (pin 2), and output voltage wire (pin 4). Also, pin 1 and pin 4 are connected together (see differential input voltage.pdf). However, this connection could not work.

Could I connect by gound (pin 1), input voltage (the excitation + pin 5), and output voltage (pin 2) or by ground (pin 4), input voltage (pin 5), and output voltage (pin 2)?

Thanks.

utbinh

Joined Oct 21, 2008
Hi beenthere, I have tried to connect pin 4 - GROUND, pin 2 - OUTPUT VOLTAGE, and pin 5 - INPUT VOLTAGE at 5 volts DC. However, this connection could not work too.

PS. Hi hgmjr, i'm connecting this sensor to a datalogger SYSTEM 5000.