How to connect the humidity sensor to the Nine-pin D-sub connector plug

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by utbinh, Oct 21, 2008.

1. utbinh

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    I'm trying connect the humidity sensor HM1500LF to the Nine-pin D-sub connector plug. Although I have tried to connect by different ways, it doesn't work. Could anyone help me to find a correct connection, please?

Please find files attached for humidity sensor instruction and input connections.

2. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Are you trying to connect this to a PC?

hgmjr

3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Your connections are for a measuring bridge, and the humidity sensor has a single ended output. try grounding pin 4 and reading pin 2 (connect the sensor output there). The excitation + (pin 5) may be able to supply the sensor, but you will have to verify it does not exceed 5 volts DC.

4. utbinh

Oct 21, 2008
    Hi hgmjr and beenthere,
    I'm connecting this sensor to a datalogger SYSTEM 5000 by use of 9 pin plug. I did try with ground wire (pin1), input voltage wire (pin 2), and output voltage wire (pin 4). Also, pin 1 and pin 4 are connected together (see differential input voltage.pdf). However, this connection could not work.

Could I connect by gound (pin 1), input voltage (the excitation + pin 5), and output voltage (pin 2) or by ground (pin 4), input voltage (pin 5), and output voltage (pin 2)?

Thanks.

5. utbinh

Oct 21, 2008
    Hi beenthere, I have tried to connect pin 4 - GROUND, pin 2 - OUTPUT VOLTAGE, and pin 5 - INPUT VOLTAGE at 5 volts DC. However, this connection could not work too.

PS. Hi hgmjr, i'm connecting this sensor to a datalogger SYSTEM 5000.