How to connect decoupling capacitor to the PIC microcontroller in protues software?

cpleng7

Joined Dec 18, 2008
As the title above, May I know how to connect the decoupling capacitor to the microcontroller in the protues software?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
As the title above, May I know how to connect the decoupling capacitor to the microcontroller in the Proteus software?

You connect it just like any other component in Proteus. The fact that it is a decoupling cap irrelevant.

Maybe all you need to know is how to connect a decoupling cap. And that would be from your pin (supply, ADC etc.) to ground. But I am guessing that Proteus is not going to care is it is there or not.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
As the title above, May I know how to connect the decoupling capacitor to the microcontroller in the protues software?
Proteus do not care if you use a decoupling capacitor or not. A decoupling capacitor is needed due to problems that occurs in a real "hard" circuit. not a "soft" circuit. If this is related to your question here http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=49754 I have hunch that your problem is not related to a missing decoupling capacitor.
Ps then you post your schematic plese do not use BMP. Use PDF file format instead. Here is a free PDF tool. Install and use this driver to print your document in PDF format
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
404 NOT_FOUND

When I go to that link. Please attach to your post using the paperclip, upload as a PDF using the software linked above that can be used as a printer driver if you don't have acrobat or foxit or any number of PDF tools.

Decoupling caps need to be added to a board layout (PCB or Solderless breadboard) to keep things running due to the extra parasitic resistance and inductance those circuit methods inherently provide. They DO NOT matter in simulation, everything simulated is "Ideal", so ideal that many times a circuit that works in simulation will not work when wired, due to internal parasitics of components, current requirements, etc.