how to connect board b/p meter with arduino

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by love_sarah, Nov 12, 2013.

1. love_sarah

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 15, 2013
    hi...i already buy a wrist blood pressure meter.i want to connect it with arduino uno in order to get the reading from that b/p meter.then,configure with xbee series1 to send the reading wirelessly to the laptop..unfortunately, i dont know where to solder the wire in b/p meter because i'm not familiar with that board.can anyone help and guide me where i must solder the wire to connect with arduino i put the picture of the wrist b/p meter and its board.
  2. wmodavis

Oct 23, 2010
    Hard to read your post because " i dont know where to ..." use capitals, spaces and punctuation marks to make your writing intelligible.

But maybe someone is willing to sift through it.
  3. Papabravo

Feb 24, 2006
    Do you seriously expect someone to be familiar enough with that particular device to tell you how to connect it to an Arduino Uno. What exactly do you imagine needs to be connected?
    1. Analog Output to Analog Input
    2. RS-232 Serial Output Port to Seriasl Input Port
    3. PWM Output to PWM Input
    You gotta meet us halfway. We're good but we're not mind readers. How about posting a schematic of the BP meter. Can you do that?
  4. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    do you have a voltmeter/multimeter or oscilloscope?
    The trouble is "we" don't know where to connect it either. There are thousands of blood pressure meters and each one is designed any laid out differently. Having a schematic would be a HUGE help.. But there is a good chance you won't find that either.. So its gonna be tough or just to "guess" where you need to connect it.

A clearer/large picture of the board, part numbers of maybe U1, U2, and U3 to start and more importantly pictures and the part number if shown of the actual sensor itself. Then hope someone can figure it out.. Much easier with the device in hand though vs internet..

You can even possibly just use the arm band/tubes, air pump (assuming its the kind I think it is) and sensor only and can throw the rest in the trash if you want to write the function to read it properly in the arduino and power the pump..
  5. sirch2

Jan 21, 2013
    Having tried hacking into other types of consumer products in the past it is often not at all simple. Consider that a lot of the functionality could be done in software and/or ASIC and then output directly to the LCD display