how to compute voltage gain using multisim simulation?

Nour Zeddouri

Joined Feb 8, 2016
hello , plz my Q is how to measure the voltage gain using the oscilloscope in multisim simulation??
the circuit is about biasing single transistor amplifier
thank you in advance

Attachments

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Here is how I did it in the laboratory assignments.

Look at the oscilloscope picture. Your oscilloscope has two channels, Channel A and Channel B. Channel A has two legs, + leg and - leg. Same for Channel B.

Let us start with the input signal.
The input signal is 1 mV peak and its frequency is 1 kHz. Draw wire from +leg Channel A of oscilloscope to the + side of the voltage source that provides input signal. Draw wire from -leg Channel A of oscilloscope to the ground. Double click on the oscilloscope picture to open the oscilloscope display and oscilloscope controls. Adjust Channel A controls to show your signal, change the vertical scale to 5 mV or even 2 mV, change horizontal scale to \(\frac{1}{1 kHz}=1 ms\). Now turn on the simulation and see if your input signal will show.

Last edited:

Nour Zeddouri

Joined Feb 8, 2016
Here is how I did it in the laboratory assignments.

Look at the oscilloscope picture. Your oscilloscope has two channels, Channel A and Channel B. Channel A has two legs, + leg and - leg. Same for Channel B.

Let us start with the input signal.
The input signal is 1 mV peak and its frequency is 1 kHz. Draw wire from +leg of oscilloscope to the + side of the voltage source that provides input signal. Draw wire from -leg of oscilloscope to the ground. Double click on the oscilloscope picture to open the oscilloscope display and oscilloscope controls. Adjust Channel A controls to show your signal, change the vertical scale to 5 mV or even 2 mV, change horizontal scale to \(\frac{1}{1 kHz}=1 ms\). Now turn on the simulation and see if your input signal will show.
thank you for your answer , in fact my problem is about the output signal and the gain ??

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
thank you for your answer , in fact my problem is about the output signal and the gain ??
Do the same to the output signal, do it on Channel A or Channel B. Pause the simulation. Then move the trace to measure the peak of the output signal. You know input is 1 mV peak. The trace will show the peak of the output. Output divided by input is your gain.

Nour Zeddouri

Joined Feb 8, 2016
Do the same to the output signal, do it on Channel A or Channel B. Pause the simulation. Then move the trace to measure the peak of the output signal. You know input is 1 mV peak. The trace will show the peak of the output. Output divided by input is your gain.
Thank you very much