How to compile concrete web server in codewarrior?

Not_programmer

Joined Sep 8, 2016
Hello! There is a demo web server (treck.com/downloads - freescale 5208). It is a solution for CodeWarrior. I have tried to compile it (by CW 7.2 SE) for a few days, but every time different errors occurred. In fact, there is a file "trecklib.a" that consists of 202 compiled elf- files. The issue is that theese files are not linked. It means that there are no correct function calls anywhere. Please help me to link "trecklib.a" and get correct function calls.
P.S. I'm not a programmer))

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
There's very limited info and I'm not familiar with codewarrior.. but, are you expecting the .a file to run as a program? A .a file is a library file, not a finished program. You would link your .a file with other binaries to create the final program. Does this help? Are you experiencing problems trying to link your .a file with other binaries (object files)?

Not_programmer

Joined Sep 8, 2016
There's very limited info and I'm not familiar with codewarrior.. but, are you expecting the .a file to run as a program? A .a file is a library file, not a finished program. You would link your .a file with other binaries to create the final program. Does this help? Are you experiencing problems trying to link your .a file with other binaries (object files)?
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I don't want to launch this project. I have a task to learn it. Static analysys + documentation would be quite enough for me. But it's impossible to analyse the project without linking the functions. I guess, it's not difficult to built (make, compile) the entire demo project for person who knows CW. I just wanted to say that I need to research functions in ".a" file, but they are 'raw' and I need to build this project to get