How to change log in method in this forums ?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Michael George, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Michael George

Thread Starter Member

Feb 8, 2015
    I sign in using facebook each time. But I will deactivate my facebook account. How can I change the logging in method so that I log in using a google mail (GMail) rather than Facebook ??
    I don't prefer to create a new account because I will not be able to access my old threads easily. you've sent me precious information and I don't want to lose them.
    I also would like to say thank you for the admins of this community, moderators and all members :)

2. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Go to preferences and change your password.

3. Michael George

Thread Starter Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Hello GopherT,
    I'm sorry about my english it seems that you didn't follow (understand) me.
    What I need to do is the following: Suggested circuit.png

4. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    @Michael George

Yes, log in.
    Then click your user name in upper right of menu bar.
    Then in lower left of Username dialog, is PASSWORD.

Click password and try setting to your new value.

5. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I have never used Facebook to log in here. Very few people do I suspect. You are going to have to do it the manual way, but first change your password to something else on All About Circuits on preferences.

6. jrap

Administrator

Jun 25, 2006
    Is the email you registered to Facebook with your Gmail address? If so you can just click the Google login and it should log you right back into the same account.

As @GopherT mentioned, you can also reset your password and just login with the username 'Michael George' and your new password.