How to burn a hex file into microcontroller??

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by maheshg, Jul 30, 2011.

1. maheshg

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Hi guys I'm new to this form.I just wanted to do a micro controller project.My question is what is the hardware which connects my pc to mc to burn the hex file.Can we made it on ourselves ???plz help me....

2. blah2222

May 3, 2010
    You would use a programmer to do that. What type of microcontroller are you using? PIC, Atmel, or another one?

3. djdavies83

Jul 30, 2011
    Hello, I'm new to this forum. I've been on Rcgroups for a little while now but I've not found the electronic info I need for my projects there.

I'll be building my first programmer soon (had the parts for months but not had the time) the RCD Programmer is what I have chosen for when I get round to doing the WiFi robot car and the serial servo controller projects as they both use the same PIC chip.

The RCD programmer looks nice and simple, I think enought parts to build two cost less than 5GBP.

4. maheshg

Aug 11, 2010
    @blah2222 Atmel mc I'm using

5. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    specify the exact device as they offer many interfaces. If you haven't aquired the device, consider the interface before purchasing.

6. CDRIVE

Jul 1, 2008
    You may want to consider a Picaxe uC. The programming software is free and the hardware (serial interface) is nothing more than a few resistors and diodes.

7. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    My personal favorite is the AVRISPMKII programmer you can purchase from Digikey. On the down side $36 is a bit pricey but on the up side it can program any one of the devices in ATMEL's 8-bit AVR family of microcontrollers. Well worth the money. ATMEL's C-language (WINAVR) and assembly language software (AVRSTUDIO4) development applications are free. WINAVR can be downloaded from www.sourgeforge.net and the AVRSTUDIO4 can be downloaded from www.atmel.com. You will need to download the AVRSTUDIO4 then get WINAVR since the latter is a plug-in to the former.

hgmjr

8. maheshg

Aug 11, 2010
    @CDRIVE tell me the software and where can I download it.And also tell me the hardware
    (interface)Blockdiagram

9. CDRIVE

Jul 1, 2008
    Everything you need can be accessed from this link.

http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/

Download the Editor/Compiler/Simulator (it's a single software package) and all the .PDF help files. You can then get started programming and simulating without having any Picaxe chip.

10. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    AVRStudio5, a usb cable, and a USB enabled AVR device.