how to build volt meter with ATMEL89C51

engr.fahad

Joined Nov 13, 2008
hello every buddy

I want to ask you that I am making a DC power supply .

the ouput of the circuit is 12 volt..​

I want to add some thing more in this circuit.​

Assume load is veribale so it takes differnt current. Now I want to add a DC Ampere meter on load end via using ATMEL 89c51 microcontroller and 7-segement display..​

IS it possible???​

If it is kindly tell me the complete process and coding in Assembly language of μController and each every thing​

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Sure it is possible. You insert a small resistance in series with the load, use an opamp and an A/D converter to measure the voltage across the small resistance, convert that voltage reading to a digital value, and display the digital value. A piece of cake.

engr.fahad

Joined Nov 13, 2008
Sure it is possible. You insert a small resistance in series with the load, use an opamp and an A/D converter to measure the voltage across the small resistance, convert that voltage reading to a digital value, and display the digital value. A piece of cake.
Dear I am talking about that I want to do this with ATMEL 89C51 and its coding

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Dear I am talking about that I want to do this with ATMEL 89C51 and its coding
Of course you are, but it is the case that you cannot do what you want to do with the processor alone. There are some additional things you will need. In particular you cannot connect any of the pins on the 89C51 to any part of a 12V power supply without some kind of interfacing circuit. Do you at least understand that important point?