How to build in simulink an assynchronous generator driven by an assynchronous motor?

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by Adam Brave, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Adam Brave

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Hi,

I want built a system on simulink where I've an a assynchronous motor with squirrel cage rotor driving an a assynchronous generator to test if my the control system of the generator is working. So my system is something like the image bellow. My problem is that I dont know if the block corresponding to the motor is really working like a motor and not like a generator. And the same doubt applies to the generator block.

I read on simulink help that when Tm is <0 the block works like a generator and when it's positive works like a motor so I've used two fcn blocks to give different signals to the two machines. Can this be done this way? How can I confirm how the two machines blocks are operating? The conection to grid of the two machines (Vn=220V, fn=60Hz) makes sense?

[​IMG]

2. ActivePower

Mar 15, 2012
    I couldn't fully comprehend what you wanted to ask so if I miss out on something, feel free to point out.

The Tm < 0 condition looks fairly obvious as it probably represents load torque on the machine and should indeed be positive for it to function as a motor. If you indeed want to verify it, you could probably apply a positive value to the input and check the generated torque on a scope. The motor would try to equalize the load torque with the generated torque - a process during which it will draw power.

You could check the state in which the machine is operating by checking whether power is being supplied (+ve/generator mode) or drawn (-ve/motor mode).

I lifted this straight from the docs and it is probably what you are referring to. I don't have MATLAB on my PC at the moment, so I'm afraid I can't check out the machine model.

Hope this is of some help.