how to amplify 3v to 14v?

kpanacleto

Joined Aug 7, 2010
hello everyone,

Im working on a project but i have encountered a problem.

I need to boost 3v DC to 12v DC in order for me to be able to operate a 12v DC motor.

I thought of making a 12v power supply and connect it to a relay and the motor. making the 3v DC to trigger the relay.

the problem is. I couldn't find a relay that operates at 3V.. can anyone help me?
i also need to boost 1V DC to 6V DC.

is there any alternative circuit that would substitute a relay?:confused:

THANKS IN ADVANCE. :)

k7elp60

Joined Nov 4, 2008
hello everyone,

Im working on a project but i have encountered a problem.

I need to boost 3v DC to 12v DC in order for me to be able to operate a 12v DC motor.

I thought of making a 12v power supply and connect it to a relay and the motor. making the 3v DC to trigger the relay.

the problem is. I couldn't find a relay that operates at 3V.. can anyone help me?
i also need to boost 1V DC to 6V DC.

is there any alternative circuit that would substitute a relay?:confused:

THANKS IN ADVANCE. :)
It is possible to boost the 3V to 12 to run the relay, but it would be easier to use a 12V power supply to run the motor and the relay. You can use a simple transistor circuit on 3V or even 1V signal with a transistor to turn on the 12V relay. If you know the current requirement of the motor this forum can help you choose a relay to turn on the 12V motor. Many forum members can draw you a diagram to use a transistor to control the relay.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
3.3V coil relays do exist, but they either have very low amperage contacts or draw a lot of power to energize the coil.

I agree with the above, just a simple transistor and don't forget the diode across the relay coil.