How to add these new features to this project?

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by sudheerelktronics, Sep 24, 2014.

1. sudheerelktronics

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Hi everybody!

I have recently seen an interesting project - Password based door lock system. It is built using 8051 microcontroller. I am planning to build this circuit by adding the following features.

1) Whenever the door is opened, a message has to be received by the owner that the Door is Opened.
    2) If anybody tried more than 2 times to open the door lock using wrong passwords, the door should never be opened even we enter the correct password and the owner should receive a message that Some one is trying to open the door. In this case, the owner should send a message via mobile to open the door again.
    3) How to add a feature to change the password using mobile sms?
    4) Is it not possible to build this circuit without microcontroller?

I feel very happy if anybody give suggestions to my queries.

I will wait for reply.

2. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    1) Some kind of sensor.
    2) Declare a variable. Store count in the variable. Check the variable, if variable reached value X, do A, B, C, D, etc.
    3) I have no idea because I never did anything with sms.
    4) "Anything is possible."
  3. JohnInTX

Jun 26, 2012
    The first thing is to thoroughly understand the reference code. When you do, the areas that matter i.e. where and how the password is stored and what to modify in the code will become apparent. Major additions like SMS may or may not be possible depending on how the reference code is written. Frequently, its easier to take the lessons from one codeset and use them to write your own.