How old is an LM2907 ?

ve2ddb

Joined Dec 4, 2013
I have a small circuit board with an unidentified 8 pin DIP on it. It's in the guts of an old motorcycle tachometer. The board was made back in the 1970's, and the circuit looks similar to what would today surround an LM2907. Just wondering if LM2907's were around back then?
Thanks

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Its in the 1995 NSC databook and I think its way older than that.. If no one has earlier info I can take a look at some old databooks at a local electronics shop for you..

The book you want is the Linear Databook by National Semiconductor published in 1976, 1980 and later revs. Searching brings it up but for sale.

Good luck!

ve2ddb

Joined Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for that info...gives me hope that I might be able to figure out what this thing is....IC's with the markings removed....GRRRR :mad:

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I have the datasheet in my harddisk ...;)

We used this chip for designing our RPM meter for boats. But later we switched to a PIC instead.

Allen

Attachments

ve2ddb

Joined Dec 4, 2013
Thanks everyone for the info.....Received some LM2907's....removed the old chip to install a replacement....lo and behold....the chip number of the original was printed on the board ...under the chip...Duhhhhhh......an SAK215. Thanks again to all...what a great website and resource! Will certainly try to return the favors.