How old are ya..

lg00111

Joined Apr 22, 2008
well I have read all the post and observed that most of the people got into electronics since their early child hood.

Now take a look around some more peoples around me.
In my state it takes almost 17 years to finish the school education upto 12th standard where electronics is the confusing word for large student. But after 10th we have the option of Diploma so I joined it with electronics and communication trade. When I met with new electronics aspirants and ask them for their reason to join electronics all of them said they were just want to explore whats in it. And after finishing the 3 years of Diploma most of them just come to know something about electronics and most of them still confused about diode. In my college whenever the computer get hanged the teacher their just slap the CPU and its starts runing fine which I never come to know how.

About me....
I finished my 10th class and got admission in Diploma college with electronics and communication branch.Before going to college I asked many students of my school about electroncs field but nobody know its scope and material even what things comes under electronics, so you can guess it was just a suspense for me that what they gonna teach us in electronics. After 3years at 18 I finished my Diplma and understood the field, scope and power of electronics but at theory level only not at practical level. Now in 18 I am just a computer teacher at school for 6th to 12th classes, but side by side I am perparing for my B-tech in computer science eng. I am gonna changing my field not because to getting out of electronics but I am also interested in computer so by doing B-tech in computer I will have knowledge of both the fields. cuz after doing diploma in electronics I know what to read for what and what things do what in electronics.

redacejr

Joined Apr 22, 2008
im15 . i got into electronics from when i was 7-8. i used to dismantle all my toys and radios to get the components. been in robotics from when i was 10. i hav built robotic arms and light seeking robots. i came 4th in a robot war contest and 5th in a robot football cup. my speciality is humanoids and stepper motor programming. even so i dunno how to use transistors. i always use circuit diagrams.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Shucks! I thought it was already all about me!;)
Sorry to disappoint you Ron :(

Unless you are a Circuit - Robo-Ron!! :D

im15 . i got into electronics from when i was 7-8. i used to dismantle all my toys and radios to get the components. been in robotics from when i was 10. i hav built robotic arms and light seeking robots. i came 4th in a robot war contest and 5th in a robot football cup. my speciality is humanoids and stepper motor programming. even so i dunno how to use transistors. i always use circuit diagrams.
You sound like you have a healthy interest in electronics - like many of the people here you are getting into this field nice and early - it will serve you well if you wish to make a career out of it.

Oh, and welcome to All About Circuits :)

Dave

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
If you have not already discovered the AAC ebook at www.allaboutcircuits.com then I would recommend you check it out. It will definitely get you up to speed in the area of transistors as well as many other aspects of electronics.

hgmjr

Jack Bourne

Joined Apr 30, 2008
Hi my names Jack and this is my first post on here. Im 16 almost 17 now. I live in the UK
First thing was a magazine called "real robots" which you haev to build a robot with from PCBs that they gave out and build a remote controlled robot which could sense where going and avoide objects. That was when I was 10/11.
I then got into electronics at high school. I found it really easy so I took a GCSE in it. I was age 14/15 and created a 2 x quad op-amp circuit mainly from my imagination. Teacher didnt help me much but I didnt care. I made one mistake in that I did two this to reverse one process so that it was oposite and upside down. ah well. It was a caravan water level monitor.
Now I am doing electronics at Sixth Form college which is for people aged 16-18. I am in first year and created a pulse rate monitor using 2 op-amps in comparator and non-inverting amplifier arrangement. The comparator then went to an edge trigger monostable which gave the output pulse. (project)
I haev done quite a bit of theory behind electronics and find it really easy. I am going to do electronics in my second year in which I will use PICs.
I am hopind to do Electronic/Electronic and Electrical Engineering at University masters preferably Southampton.
Nearly always see a circuit once and then can adapt it wihtout seeing it again. Don't know how I can do it. just easy for me. I can also do boolean simplications easily. Sorry it sounds like Im boasting but its just how I am :D

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi my names Jack and this is my first post on here. Im 16 almost 17 now. I live in the UK
First thing was a magazine called "real robots" which you haev to build a robot with from PCBs that they gave out and build a remote controlled robot which could sense where going and avoide objects. That was when I was 10/11.
I then got into electronics at high school. I found it really easy so I took a GCSE in it. I was age 14/15 and created a 2 x quad op-amp circuit mainly from my imagination. Teacher didnt help me much but I didnt care. I made one mistake in that I did two this to reverse one process so that it was oposite and upside down. ah well. It was a caravan water level monitor.
Now I am doing electronics at Sixth Form college which is for people aged 16-18. I am in first year and created a pulse rate monitor using 2 op-amps in comparator and non-inverting amplifier arrangement. The comparator then went to an edge trigger monostable which gave the output pulse. (project)
I haev done quite a bit of theory behind electronics and find it really easy. I am going to do electronics in my second year in which I will use PICs.
I am hopind to do Electronic/Electronic and Electrical Engineering at University masters preferably Southampton.
Nearly always see a circuit once and then can adapt it wihtout seeing it again. Don't know how I can do it. just easy for me. I can also do boolean simplications easily. Sorry it sounds like Im boasting but its just how I am :D
Welcome to All About Circuits! You should find this site ideal for helping you through your studies - be sure to check our e-book which will cover in detail many of the topics in your university course.

I assume you are looking at the MEng(Hons) course at Southampton? It's a very good university for electronics (regularly comes top of the rankings in this subject). We hope AAC helps you in your endeavours.

Dave

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Lets see, 51, a lot of my current info is on my blog.

I started with electrical stuff, my dad got me a neat little toy that allowed me to wire simple stuff when I was 6, when I was 15 or so I got a Radio Shack 150 in 1 projects breadboard kit, shortly after that we "retired" our old tube style color TV, which was a great source of parts for many moons for more permanent projects.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Old age is for survivors, ya know. I'm thinking I'll be lucky if I make 60.
Reminds me of guy I knew who would always say to anyone who mentioned his age (he was only mid-50s!), "At least I got this far". It is a fair comment.

There is also a saying to the effect of, "Getting old is better than the alternative". How true.

Dave

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Ever hear the joke about the man who fell off a 10 story building. Every time he passed a floor people heard him say "So far so good".

just a simple topic.. post how old are ya and how many years are you with electronics..
I'm going to start
I'm 15 and got like 5 month on electronics (started with the online AAC tutorial).
how about you guys?

Yoda

I'm 53. Needed a refresher. See profile for details

OST

Last edited:

alim

Joined Dec 27, 2005
I will be 61 in 4 week's time about 40years total in electronics TV, audio ,radio repair, industrial electronics and instrumentation.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Age is not the question,the question is when or if you have ever had
the whole peace of the pie. Even some ceo's don't have the whole
picture of what he is working on.Do we have any members that has full
control of the entire process that he is working on and understands it.
I understand that Bill Gates is going to retire very soon,it has been anounced. I don't thing his mind would have the capacity to
comprehend all that surrounds him. So will robots with high speed
computers take over,any predictions for the future how or who will have
control.Maybe your post will meaningful for the future,how soon.
D.A.R.P.A. already has driverless car and military vehichles that could be
in use in a few years. Has any one ever seen the wireing diagram for
the latest microprcessor. Do they still use the internal resistance and
capacity or another method used,or can there be another method be possible since electron theory has not changed. So where do you find your self.I am looking in the past for things that have been missed.