How Often Have You Driven Thru Another Member's Area

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
And rotary beaters can get expensive!
And also the modern food processor take some of the joy out of it. After a few minutes you are all done. And you you are left with the disappointing feeling. Was this all? What happened to the good old beating

Blackbull

Joined Jul 26, 2008
Hi Mitch - I’ve sailed past it, looks a nice place, can you recommend somewhere for “An Over There” to stay, I’m told Parkhurst or Albany are the cheapest.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
lonely and lovin' it!

Jpanhalt, It that a putting green, or a lake?
It's a pond and was stocked at one time. It has some pretty good size fish in it now. The builder (1993) did a lot of entertaining, had hunting parties, and so forth. There is a beach volleyball court as you approach the pond from the West (left to right). He sold it in 2003. New owners didn't do much, and I got it in late 2009. It is a work in progress. The pond and court will be the last projects. Then, I will invite Misty and Kerri over for a game. :D

Alone, but not lonely. Very quiet. Lots of wildlife. I have seen many wild turkeys and a couple of big toms. Bald Eagles are making a comeback in northern Ohio. There are some just West of me. I have not seen any yet with certainty. I did see something that may have been an eagle. There are certainly other birds of prey, including owls, hawks, and a falcon (?), geese, other water fowl, and both species of woodpecker. My bird identification talent is almost nonexistent.

The original owner had a large chunk of land and deeded the land surrounding the homesite to the county park system. So not only is it isolated, it is unlikely the surrounding land will ever be developed.

As you can see, there are plenty of trees. The Emerald Ash Borer is doing a lot of damage. I got four medium (20") logs this Summer made into wood for my woodworking. It also uses dual heat. There is an outside woodburner and propane as backup. If there were an efficient way to convert hot water heat to electricity, I would be in great shape.

John