How much is too much!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Just ur opinions.

When u talk about money u are spending, do u refer to ur currency or US?

And how much is too much in USD when u are offering loans to friends?

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
As much as you can afford to lose. Think of it as a gift and if you get it back it's a bonus.
I and many people I know have lent money to friends and never seen it again.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
It all depends on the closeness of the friend or family member, their street credit, you financial status, their financial status. For me I could give a buddy about $500 if I needed to or $1000 if it was an emergency like a kid had to see a dentist or something. But thats just my situation and my friends. I had a friend get given a $100k condo for $25k just because she was friends with her employer and he wanted to help her out. But the $100 mark or $1000 mark seem to be cut off points depending on the person.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
What is the loan supposed to be used for. That is also important. If this person will be using this loan for say gambling, paying of other debts, or something in that alley. Like risky finance. I would never have given any loan at all.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
isn't tht obvious.
For medical.
Borrowing to pay for medical bills kinda gets an extra bonus as to loaning the money. We all know we live in a society where health is for sale, and its expensive if you want good health. If I would normally give someone $100 or $1000 depending on who it is, I'd probably double or tripple it if it was for a friend to get a medication he needed, or take her kid to the docs for an MRI. If it was for beer and hookers I'd just give him the min amount and make him use my name.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
If I give my nephew $10 or $100 I will never see it again.
One guy I worked with, $500 is no problem. I will get it back in a week.
And yes, I paid $60 for his medicine a month ago. I already have the money back.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Just ur opinions.

When u talk about money u are spending, do u refer to ur currency or US?

And how much is too much in USD when u are offering loans to friends?
It is a good idea to never lend a friend money. Better to consider it a gift and hope the gift is returned in kind. That would go anywhere from a dollar to millions. I would probably lend a friend $10,000 or more if they needed it for their health or maybe to save their home. Other than that there is no good reason to lend money.

I think it is too much when you start spending huge amounts of money for frivolous things.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Nah lots of good reasons to lend someone money, for college applications, to fix a car, pay rent or other bill, unforseen disaster like boat sinking or fire, schooling or learning, bow-flex, and P30X.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Who ever needs medical help,on the Internet you can find

doctors without borders.Your best chance to receive care

in remote places. Google it for application.They are all over

the world,some of the best doctors in U.S. are coming from India.

Check it out,they have web sites and phone numbers listed.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Who ever needs medical help,on the Internet you can find

doctors without borders.Your best chance to receive care

in remote places. Google it for application.They are all over

the world,some of the best doctors in U.S. are coming from India.

Check it out,they have web sites and phone numbers listed.
Yah their funny, they almost all run walk in clinics and don't write any prescriptions at all. Their useful for emergency flu's or getting a script for an MRI or X-ray but other they that they don't do anything.