How long do we work?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bertus, Jan 1, 2013.

1. bertus

Thread Starter Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Not sure. Now the fiscal cliff is upon us my hours will change, how I don't know (hopefully no layoffs).

Historically, over the last few months it has been around 58 hours a week, if we go back to volunteer overtime it will likely be 49 hours. It is supposed to be a 40 hour workweek.
  3. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    In my current job (self employed) I'm working 15hrs/week average.
    In my job before that, I was working 60hrs/week average.
    Before that, I would work a few months at a time, putting in >110hrs/week, followed by a month or more time off.
    Before that I was in the Navy; it's a little tricky to define "work" in that job. If you define it as being present at job site, not allowed to leave, then at sea it was 24hrs/day (168hrs/week) for months at a time, and in port it was usually >110 hrs/week.
  4. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    You ask me tht.

Right now I am going thru a depression phase
  5. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    Currently doing a plant installation from service to utilization. Out of town, 5x12 hours, should last next 6 months, with weekends likely during last 2 months to complete. Will take a couple of months off for some R&R at the end, then next project is up north, 2 weeks in 2 weeks out, which should run for another 6 months. Couple of more months off, then who knows what's next.
  6. gerty

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 30, 2007
    I have my students for 6 hours, but my day is 7.5 hours long for a 37.5 work week.
  7. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    40 hours/week. Our project is just starting, and the lead says we'll be working overtime when the deadline begains to loom. I think that's silly. IMO, we should put in extra hours now so we're not over-worked on the back-end.