How is this site sponsored?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
This may be an akward question, but I was curious and don't see the harm in asking. Who or what supports this site? I get the feeling it is a University, but that is a guess.

If it ever needs donations I'd be in that number, I like it here.

john-campbell

Joined Feb 10, 2009
This is not an answer but I am also curious. I think the key to its success is its non-commercial nature. It's just people looking for information or help and others who are happy to provide it. One look at the number of forum members (more than 41000) tells you a lot. I suppose many of them are not active but this forum is surely tapping into a very vigorous dynamic. It's like Facebook for people who think.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I go with Bill.
It is a great site with very good moderators and a lot of activity.
(I am a moderator on a smal dutch forum with very less activity).

Greetings,
Bertus

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hey guys,

The server gets paid for by running Google Adsense on the E-Books pages (not the worksheets or videos). These ads are not displayed however, if you have visited the forums. This applies to both guests and registered members (as long as the visitor has cookies enabled).

If you never wish to see ads on AAC, as well as most of the web, check out Adblock Plus :)

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Nothing is free, and a little advertising is expected. AAC is particularly enjoyable compared to some other sites that have so much advertising it takes forever for a page to load.

Thank you for keeping it that way.

John

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
A message to advertisers.

If you actually bothered to stock what I want to buy you wouldn't need to advertise. I would chase you.

It is most frustrating to go to the shops, or speak to a supplier, and be told
"WE don't keep that any more"

I am not an income stream forming a orderly queue with my cheque book, I want to buy, what I need (want) to buy, not what you want to sell me.

Perhaps when suppliers realise this then the world can return to sanity and normal trading.

Until then my wallet remains firmly closed.

Tirade over.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Will the cost not go up ?
When I entered the forum last May there where about 20420 members.
When you look at the counter now it is already more than double.

Greetings,
Bertus