How is it I can be looking at a post from someone that has zero posts?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by WBahn, Jul 20, 2012.

1. WBahn

Thread Starter Moderator

Mar 31, 2012
    While it might change at any time, the OP of this thread is presently showing that they have made zero posts. If I look at their public provide, it says they have made zero posts. If I then choose to find all their posts, it comes up with this post.

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showpost.php?p=506155&postcount=1

I've seen a number of wonky things going on with my post count lately (or perhaps only noticed it lately) where I will notice my current post total and then, a few posts later, see that it hasn't changes (and, I'm pretty sure, has gone down a couple of times). I figured this might be do to threads getting deleted or something. But that doesn't explain the case noted above.

What's the story? Is it just a database indexing problem and the database is overdetermined?

2. BSomer

Dec 28, 2011
    It has been my understanding that posts in the "off topic" area are not counted toward your post count.

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Which is correct.

4. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    It prevents people trying to raise their post count through effortless posts in an offtopic chat.

5. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009

Isn't that also known as, "Loosie's law" ?

:D:eek:;)

gerty and BMorse like this.
  6. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Loosie is a highly intelligent, highly aware (and possibly incognito alien) being. No rules apply to him.

shortbus likes this.