How does this Printed Board work

Rio

Joined Dec 23, 2010
Hello Forum...

This a really Beginner question in making circuits ,, so i have this board and i don't know how this work ,, are the compnonents on the same line are already connected or i have to connect them with wires and this is the circuit i need to connect ,,, so any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Rio​

Attachments

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
The board you have has the same as 24 individual wire that run from left to right in the picture you posted. The components are usually mounted on the opposite side of the board with the leads sticking through the holes, then soldered to the copper strips. If more lines are needed, cutting through the copper foil (insure a complete cut so the two ends don't touch) will isolate sections allowing more component connections. Sometimes, after isolating a section like that, a wire jumper is used to connect it to other lines.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
If you start counting at the bottom, count up 8 positions. You have two components plugged into holes on that strip. After soldering, those two components (bottom lead of each) will be connected. The copper strip is the "wire".

Rio

Joined Dec 23, 2010
LOL that was stupid of me
i was trying to google this board but i didn't know what to write ,,, Thanks man u really helped me guys :)

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
You can also get some free computer tools helping you to design the stripeboard. Hint I often use a drill bit to cut the tracks. Select a HS drill bit slightly wider than the track. Just turn the drill bit using your fingers