How Does It Feel When the Light turn's On

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You have made something move,you have created a cartoon figure.

You understand what you have acomphished,you have it in your head.

Stating your sucess,write the first line of computer launage that started

your project......go

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
How Does It Feel When the Light turn's On
Using PIC 16F628:
When the LED lighted for the first time, and blinked according to my desire, the feeling was... WOW! I can light a LED! Fantastic. Now, there's no end to the possibilities. Actually there is.

Using PICAXE 14M2:
Playing a tune with a piezo and the PICAXE - WOW! I can do this! Fantastic. So I downloaded a few zip files with a ton of tunes. When I started to play them, my GF walks into the room. She stops in the door, smiles and says:"You are such a big NERD!"

Leaning back, checking the bradboard with one chip and a piezo, I go:"Yes, I know"...

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
It was MS Visual Basic, around 6th grade. I believe it was something along the lines of:
Rich (BB code):
Private Sub Command1_Click()
     MsgBox "Hello, World!"
End Sub

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Sophamore or junior year in college, COSMAC ELF II on my table, a short hand assembled program no where near the RAM 256 byte limit was typed in via DMA transfers off the hexadecimal keypad.

When the program ran it simulated a toggle flip flop triggered off the ENTER key to light a LED.

No, I really don't miss the 70's.

(Not mine but the same model I built.)

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Mine was in Fortran IV, sometime in the late 60s or early 70s. I forget my first program, but soon thereafter I coded a program that read an array of manually scanned pictures of simple geometric 3d objects (like a pyramid sketch) and told me what it was. The array was entered via punched cards and if you fanned the top edge, you could see the picture of the object...

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Rich (BB code):
#include <p18f1330.h>
First line of my first program. Unless you count my early attempt at ASM, but I never burned that onto a PIC. This was C18--a simple LED flasher. When I got it working, I was excited for about ten seconds, then I started thinking about how to improve it, what to do next, etc. Same goes for any other projects I work on. Recently I finished a secret knock detector project. When I first got it working, I was excited for a minute, then started thinking about how I could improve it. I kept adding to it more and more, until I finally got it to a point where I couldn't really add anything more. Then, I moved onto my next project ;)