how do you react when someone stares at your significant other?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by strantor, Aug 2, 2011.

1. strantor

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Guys always stare at my wife. It pisses me off. sometimes I get confrontational about it. Some would say this due to insecurity; I think it's human nature. So, how do you react?

2. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    It is a compliment in a strange sort of way. It tells me you have married a very desirable woman.

Grin a real big grin and give them the thumbs up sign, then put your arm around your wife and whisper in her ear while pointing them out to her. If she wants to cooperate in the joke, have her look at the guy for a second and then burst out in laughter.

3. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    What does your wife think about it? Does she like it?

It happens to my wife too but most of the times we just ignore it, there are other more important things to think/talk about. :)

You're right it's human nature. When I was younger I found it strange too.

4. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    As long as it's just looking, it's OK. ;) It's nothing to get steamed about. After all, if you happen to see a very attractive or interesting looking person, you tend to look as well, right?

It can also be that she looks like someone they once knew, and they're trying to figure out who they looked like, or is it really them or not.

5. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    With or without you, she deals with it. Does your anger/confrontations add to her comfort level?

6. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    You could just look at them and smile ... you know what they will be thinking when they acknowledge your smile ... yeah ... what a lucky SOB.

7. monster_catfish

Mar 17, 2011
    An old CSNY fan is Joe...."Just look at them and smile".

Practical no-stress advice too, so the lucky guy can count his blessings, rather than get upset.

8. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    People have changed there habits a little since the camera phone.
    You wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of a stalking picture.
    I have seen two fights over guys looking at a girl friends or wife.
    That been within the last two months ,so that will always happen.

9. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Good to hear from you monster,don't wait so long to post.

10. strantor

Oct 3, 2010
    I like that Idea

She says she doesn't like it and I believe that consciuosly she thinks that she doesn't like it, but subconsciously I think everybody likes attention from the opposite sex no matter who it is. Otherwise, why would women get dressed up/put on makeup to go out?

good point
    I'll tell what's even more strange; the level looks has doubled now that she's pregnant and starting to show.

no. That's the main reason why I am going to try to make myself let it go.

I find it hard to look at them and smile, confident in the fact that they're thinking that I'm a lucky guy. I'm a man; I know better. I have no place in the little scenario being played out in their minds. It's different than a posession, like a car. If someone came and oogled over my car I would be honored; I may even show it off for them. But my wife is a different story. I have seen guys show off their wives/girlfriends like cars; and when I see that, usually I don't think too highly of the guy - I don't know if that's the normal sentiment either.

11. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    I basically think, "yah I don't know why she's with me either but whatever."

12. strantor

Oct 3, 2010
    haha! man that's it. that's the ticket.

13. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    My whole family is gorgeous, except for me. I'm the one with the warts. We get many comments from strangers on what a beautiful family we have. We just smile and say thanks. I see guys stare at my daughters and I want to give them a kick where it hurts. But you just have to take it as a compliment and move on.

14. Robert.Adams

Feb 16, 2010
    I was once leaving a movie theater and a guy chewed me out for "looking too long" after I watched his girlfriend plug in a cell phone charger in the lobby. I was just not used to seeing people charge mobile electronics in a movie theater.

Don't be so quick to be uncomfortable, most reasons are benign. Guys are regularly looking at my girlfriend and it seems at least once a week someone is buying her lunch or drinks. They're the dumb fools who are saving me money while she always ends up going home with me.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  15. JingleJoe

Jul 23, 2011
    Myself and my girlfriend, we're polyamorous, so I say; "hey I think that chap over there fancies you ;)"